ATI happy so far... my bench test

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Golly, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Golly

Golly Registered

I know its not perfect, but I think the processor and mobo might be holding me back at this stage, but with more optimization hopefully to be done before full release, then the future is good. A bit of tweaking has got me to this far. Hope it can be some help for other ATI card lovers.... :cool:

I did have the HUD Trackmap plugin installed, but it crawled to 25fps on the start grid. The only plugin is the real head movement plugin. The screen is a 42 inch. Have recordings set to Memory, have FPS locked at 60 in plr. Start grid with shadows on Med is 35ish improves during race. Low gives the FPS you can see in the screenie.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12.1 Drivers

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2012
  2. Golly

Golly Registered

3. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Cool, have you thought about over clocking your Q6600 CPU to see if you can pump any more out of the game with same settings?

4. Golly

Golly Registered

Mate of mine OC'd it a while back using stock cooling it ran no probs, 3.00ghz it was at. A simple change in the bios, but bugga me if I can remember what it was hahah..
    Cheers

5. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Try putting your fov on like 40, that'll save u some fps while making it look alot better :p

6. Golly

Golly Registered

Strangely enough that got me another 5fps off the grid. I like the feel of it. Also, medium shadows drops it from 54fps to 34fps on the grid... that is quite sad :(