At least we got a mention :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oHOWEo, Jul 16, 2015.

1. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Immersion - Racing into the final corner - Replayability
    Balance - Hi fidelity vs "sim-lite" --> Realism vs approachability && Action-oriented arcade racers
    Bias - Wide variety of experience
    Ease of use

Trackmania vs rFactor 2 rofl

The author doomed the credibility of this list by comparing apples with oranges. If he made it a list in no particular order with the title "15 PC racing games you might want to look into", it would be fine. As is, the premise is simply silly as "wide variety of experience" and "ease of use" aren't going to be reasons I chose Trackmania over rF2 :rolleyes:

2. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

theyre games review guys.....games

3. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

That's a good idea actually... Shawn would be open for it I'm sure... He still seems very independent and has an audience.

I mean he loves his iRacing but he KNOWS there are other things and is willing to cover them in a proper way.

4. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

"Can you cover my game please"? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? If someone isnt' interested, they aren't interested. Begging someone to give your game some air time is just plain old marketing which isn't worth spit with people who have a mind of their own.

5. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Marketing is what rF2 could use some of... Of course depending on the business model/plan... As ISI have said they don't really live of rF2 sales... They might not need it... But if they want it spread more widely... Marketing is what they could use some of...

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

What about all the other users unlike us, will they get a 1-on-1 explanation? Maybe now as things seem to be more stable at the core, with other bits implemented/being implemented, the UI/game aspect of the game can be greatly improved so there will not need to be a bunch of asterisks along with everything said, or hypothesis statements about the game.

7. Vintook

Vintook Registered

RF2 is still considered a beta, or am i wrong? I think if ISI were to take one of the series (take your pick), put in all the associated tracks for it, insert a championship mode for it, and market it, they may move up the list quickly. The weather and tire physics in rF2 are beyond all those other titles.

All those other games are on the list due to 1. being released, 2. having championship modes of some kind, 3. good marketing, 4. being easy to drive for any level.

8. bwana

bwana Registered

Stock cars maybe ;) once released Id imagine an increase in users to some degree at least. Once they have that Im sure many would venture toward cars that turn in both directions and we all know RF2 has some beauties to choose from

9. crz

crz Registered

rF2 is out of beta since the beginning of 2013. Championship mode isn't on the list as far as I remember.

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

What I just can't fathom is even if ISI had those great sales, say 100,000, even then, 9 out of 10 "racers" still prefer to buy pCars !@! :confused:

Even iRacing 50,000 + is it ? they probably had 100,000 members all up ? ..... again that is 10:1 to pCars

Must be true, decades later sim racing has become the realm of the simcade pussies !

11. Traveller

Traveller Member

It can't be that, as Carmageddon: Reincarnation isn't on the list. That game is all about driving around and smashing into things.