Aston Martin GTE BOP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BirnenRubber, Oct 27, 2021.

1. BirnenRubber

BirnenRubber Registered

I've been noticing lately that any time I do an AI GTE race, more than likely Aston Martin's will be at the top of the grid. I haven't done much testing but their top speed seems to be a little too high? The gap is usually around the 1-2 second mark on tracks with longer straights but can be much higher.

In Le Mans I have to straight up not include Aston Martin's or they have a 4 second advantage. Their top speed might line up with IRL models, but then something else has to be off. I can't see them having this kind of advantage in real life.

As an example, today I was doing some AI training. I usually just pick one or two car models at a time to make sure there aren't so many AI on the grid that they get bunched up. This particular case was Vantages and 488's. Here is a screenshot after about 60 laps, the fastest Vantage beats the quickest 488 by 1.2 seconds. The slowest Vantage and the quickest 488 are only a few tenths away. But no Ferrari can beat an Aston.

I've just used the default setups. I'm not entirely sure I understand how it all works but unless this track has forced setups there should be both standard aero packages and Le Mans aero setups for both cars in this practice session.

The only reason I'm posting is because lately I've just been removing Aston's from the race, and it's a shame because I love diversity on the grid and the look of the Vantages and I'd like to find a solution. Does anyone else have a similar experience?

Attached Files:

atomed likes this.