Asterisk Sound when I click on RACE

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Nello Pastorino, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Nello Pastorino

Nello Pastorino Registered

Hi guys, I tried searching for threads about this "issue" but I couldn't find anything so here I am.
    I performed a clean Windows 10 installation the other day and now I'm on version 1709 of the OS. I only formatted the disk on which Windows was installed. My games (rF2 included) are installed on another drive so I really didn't touch them, however I had to reinstall Steam's client.

I already tried verifying the game cache and everything seems fine.

What happens is that when I click the RACE button or when I go back to the garage I can hear the "Asterisk" sound of Windows' default sounds pack.

I don't know if this is normal or not because before formatting I had sounds disabled so I wouldn't have been able to hear it anyway. Is it supposed to be like this? If not what can I try to do to fix this?

2. Davvid

Davvid Registered

I acknowledge this. Same dings when using keyboard shortcuts. It doesn't happen all the time though.

Nello Pastorino likes this.
  3. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

I beleive this is tied in to the full screen issue @Ari Antero has written about on here. I do occasionally get this as well, seems like another program takes priority over rF2 somehow. When this happens I hit ctrl+esc and then enter, that brings rF2 as the main program. No more dings and the game runs smoother.
    TK

Nello Pastorino likes this.