Asseto Corsa DDS TO RF2.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Pales, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Pales

Pales Registered

Hi All,

On some forums, I have been told that you can take the .DDS from Asseto Corsa for example and apply this to a car in RF2. How would I go about doing this? I have already tried creating an ai profile in the game (which creates a notepad document reference ai settings and skin). I then copy the Asetto Corsa DD's into the created folder and replace the "alt" skin with this one, whilst also renaming it to alt as well. However, when i load in game the car is missing.

2. Louis

Louis Registered

Which mod are you trying? most mods will accept any .dds as skin, but now some mods are locked to use alternative skins

3. Louis

Louis Registered

example:
    UZPspe.jpg

this is a dds file from a skin made for f1 historics.
    Mods i know it wont work:
    f1 1988
    Asr F1 2018
    thats all i can remember right now

4. Louis

Louis Registered

you can litteraly use any dds file (afaik). Even dds thumbnails work as skins

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

This was something that was possible for content such as the URD Endurance GT mod, which was the same for both Assetto and rFactor2, where you could take the .dds, slightly alter the name, and it would work in rFactor2 (or vice versa).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2018
  6. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

A DDS file is a DDS file regardless the game.

What no one here has said is you can "not" just get a, Example: BMW M3 GT3 skin livery and expect it to work on some other model. The templates are mapped for a specific model by the author so no two are alike let alone the same.

If your pulling a DDS livery from AC to rFactor2 from the same mod author and the models are the same like as seen above Example a URD mod that is both in AC and rF2. These are compatible.

Note" The Alpha channel can and usually dose differ a lot between these two platforms. Going from AC to rF2 more then likely will see the livery with a very high shine. To high for rF2 to look any good. You can replace the Alpha channel to match rF2 but first it's a case of knowing how.

You suggest it's not showing. Regardless of the DDS you should see it in game.
    A usual thing is in the Turning, Showroom were you create the new car, once you've click create you need to click reload. Only then you can click the side arrow to show the alt livery. This off cause is only the first time if you don't leave the Showroom before viewing the alt livery. After that it will show all the time.
    Another issue is if when you renamed the DDS you got it wrong. It's simple enough to do, we all do it from time to time who skin the cars a lot. Just double check that there is no space or anything in front of the alt entry.

7. iElDex

iElDex Registered

hi, but for skins that in ACC or AC doesn't use .DDS but .PNG? Thanks

EDIT: sorry, I'm dumb, in AC they are .DDS, I was thinking about ACC, lol

EDIT 2: but where do I need to place the .DDS?
    LOL sorry but I'm new with skins

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered