[REL] ASMG Formula Hybrid-22

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Nick9320, Aug 21, 2021.

1. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

Hello, mate
    I try to replay to Your post, in order to make a little bit more clear the concept of AI tyre, wear, and pit change of tyres ( compounds ) of AI drivers.
    The first thing that I want to underline, again ( see the thread in Car Modding ) is that RF2 has still great limits in the AI tyre compound during pits..
    AI drivers can't change tyre compounds during a race....You can impose, by TBC, the starting compound, but then, although You can make this, AI will race always with the same compound....yes, they will change tyres due to wear of tyres, loadng always the same compound.
    Big RF2 limit......
    Beside this aspect, dear DiggerHawk: which compound did You used to race in SPA? I can image the hardest, or not C3..... while the AI drivers were using the softer ( C3 ).
    In case You used C3, in my opinion, the wear problem is there...in TGM, and not in TBC ( C3 TGM tyre shouldn't cover without problems 20 laps in SPA ).
    It should be of great help to know this, from You.
    Back to AI tyres: C3 TBC tyre compound was compiled with a realistic wear, forcing AI drivers to change it after 12-15 laps of Silverstone ( 70-90 90 km ).
    In Spa ( 7004 m/lap ), AI drivers must change at least 2 times ( and this happened also to You ).
    Furthermore, in TBC file, for AI drivers, there is a threshold of wear, at which AI must change tyre, although the wear is not still at limit.
    This is a realistic feature that, similarly to real race ( or to the Human driver ), is imposing tyre change to AI drivers before they are driving on track "like on ice ".
    So, I don't think the F1 2022 mod has particular problems for AI tyres....while You enhanced a well known RF2 issue.
    But, in case You used C3 for 20 laps in SPA, this could be the issue to be fixed in mod
    Thank You for Your help

2. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

Thank you for your comprehensive reply.

The mod defaults to using the "C2/C3/C5" set at Spa and that is what I used. The Ai and I both used the C5 Soft tire for the race and qualifying, some of the Ai used the C3 Medium in the practice session. As I now understand it the Ai are correct to change their tires as regularly as they did in my race, if that is how the mod is designed. So as you say the issue could be with the TGM file as its the players tires that are actually lasting too long. I don't think my lap times were increasing like my tires were too worn just my usual poor driving. So its not like I was staying out when it would of been a better strategy to pit. Although weirdly I did pit in the end just to make the race a bit more interesting but not because I needed to.

Its a shame the Ai can't change the compound in the pitstops to suit the race conditions beyond using the wets when the track gets wet. Maybe that will come in a future rF2 update.

3. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

Thank You for Your report.
    I think there is something wrong in the tyre setting of the mod. Infact, C2-C3-C5 it's a tyre set used only in Melbourne, in 2022. In Belgium, the correct tyre set for 2022 should be C2-C3-C4.
    So, beside the wear problem, some further thing should be fixed.
    And yes...it's a shame that RF2 has never developed the changing tyre compound in the pits for F1 cars.
    In RF1 this was allowed by a great Plugin made by Marco Rotondi from RFE Team.

DiggerHawk likes this.
  4. Hinyaldee

Hinyaldee Registered

Hola ! The annoying me is back again. Will you implement the hybrid system in the car, please ?

5. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

I answer following my personal opinion (…that of others could differ a lot from mine): RF2 at the moment does NOT have the possibility of a true hybrid F1 engine. trying to add an electric motor, as someone has already done, to an engine intended for modern F1 does not give adequate results.

redapg likes this.
  6. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Out of curiosity, did anyone create retro F1 liveries for this mod? Would be awesome to see the McLarens, Jordans, Minardis and Saubers of the 80s and 90s on a modern vehicle ;)

7. SharD

SharD Registered

Not retro, but these exist;

GRAB_344.JPG GRAB_338.JPG GRAB_339.JPG GRAB_341.JPG GRAB_340.JPG GRAB_342.JPG

Last edited: Aug 8, 2023
  8. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Good morning guys!

I have no sparks with this mod, can you help please?

I have sparks in other mods and car is bottoming out, all settings on High/Ultra...

9. Gilles da'Silva

Gilles da'Silva Registered

Hi,
    How do you skin these cars?
    I'm taking part in a sponsored F1 2023 series with simracingonline.co.uk using ASMG's amazing mod. Our series is sponsored by 'Aptora' and my intention was to add the sponsors name to several cars, inserting the name into a blank space on the livery and otherwise leaving the livery as is; ie: simply insert a single word into the skin.
    I've skinned many cars in the past, including some by ASMG, but the dds files for the Formula Hybrid is unlike anything I've worked with before. I appreciate that a template is supplied (and I have used it to create a single car with our sponsors name), but we want to use ASMG's liveries and just add the sponsors name.
    How do I do that?
    Many thanks for this and all the wonderful ASMG mods.
    Regards.

Nick9320 likes this.
  10. Nick9320

Nick9320 Registered

Hey!
    There’s nothing special in making liveries for this mod, it works just like our other mods

Try to search for the template in steam folder by ASMG keyword:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\365960

11. Nick9320

Nick9320 Registered

You can see on the screenshots above your comment that it has sparks

12. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I'm not question that, i wanted to know why i don't have it... :(

13. Gilles da'Silva

Hi Nick, thanks for your reply.
    As I said, I already have the template and have been using it to create a car.
    On the right of the screenshot I've attached is the dds from the car I am making using the template. On the left is an original dds of the same mod. Every file I have found for this mod is just a black square with no details.
    This includes the pink Alpines, the ones with DaCosta and Herta etc and even those generated by rFactor itself.
    Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

14. Nick9320

Nick9320 Registered

That’s because we’re using Intel dds plugin for Photoshop. It’s saving the textures faster and with higher quality than NVidia dds plugin
    To be able to open those textures you need to install the plugin by Intel

15. Gilles da'Silva

Nick, Thank you very much for your quick and helpful reply.

16. Gilles da'Silva

Installed and confirmed working.
    Cheers Nick.
    Keep up the good work.

17. Turbonetick

Turbonetick Registered

Hi everyone ,Nick are you guys making something for 2024 F1 season ?
    keep up the good work
    Thks

18. Turbonetick

Turbonetick Registered

NIC , Anything to say about upcoming season ?

19. SharD

SharD Registered

Will this mod be updated to 2024, @Nick9320?