Are you setting your steering lock through controller software or rfactor UI?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Dumb question maybe I know but I have been setting my DFGT degrees through my logitech software whenever racing the skippy. Should I be doing this or should I be doing this through UI? All other cars I never mess with b/c I thought rf2 sets this for me.

2. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Controller software, then I know it is set, with UI, well, I have it checked but it does nothing, imo. G25 here.

Also as I want to use certain settings, I want to be sure they are set.

[​IMG]

3. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

I'm not sure I understand. The game sets up the rotation for all cars doesn't it. Mine gets set to 407º in the Skip.

1 person likes this.
  4. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

g27 i do it with the controller interface i change it for each car according to what it says in the settings ui and it works out great

5. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

I always set my steering lock in the garage setup screen as far as it goes, then adjusting the rotation for the wheel in windows itself, setting it up for a comfortable range. For the skip barber or formula cars i use 400°, for the Megane, Clio or similar touring cars around 600°.

Using Logitech DF GT

6. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

I let rFactor decide the steering lock for my wheel. I find this the very very nice feature because in rFActor1 was annoying switching from mods and can't adjust the steering lock. and for this to work in rFActor 2 don't forget to close any wingman software or logitech related process.

I use this ratio all the time in to rFactor1 - 900º joystick to 30º wheels - 450º joystick to 25º - etc

7. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

Interesting. I don't know if it does or not. I am going to set mine to 900 and see if the game sets it lower for some cars. I do have the box in the Logitech software ticked to allow the game to adjust my settings. But, since I have been driving the Skippy so much lately, I lowered rotation in the Logitech software myself, thinking I had to. I thought the tick box for letting the game adjust, was only for the FFB, but I really don't know that to be the case.

If the game actually sets it for you to what the real cars have, that is one cool feature. If not, maybe it is something that could be listed in the WISH List section.

8. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

So, this IS a feature in rF2. Very cool.
    About closing the Logitech software, will it not work even if the box in the Logitech software is ticked to allow the game to adjust settings?

9. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

for me don't work in rFactor 2. it works for example in WRC 3 or test drive ferrari lengends (but works anyway with or without software running).

I use g27 btw

1 person likes this.
  10. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

Okay, thanks. I will try both with and without the Logitech software running to see. I have a g25, but I have a feeling it won't work with it either, with the software running. Still, I will try both, just to confirm it.

11. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I let rFactor do the work. :)

12. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

+1

13. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh, I just set it to 900 degrees in the controller software and that`s that. :)

14. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Ok done testing. What I found is that if I close Logitech SW, rfactor won't set it correctly. But if I leave Logitech SW on and set to allow game to adjust settings it works perfectly and wheel in game matches dfgt perfectly! 407 degrees with skippy is great! I was running 300 but LOVE it even more with 470.

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

^ Thats how it happens, allow games to adjust settings from Logitech profiler and rf2 matches rotation.

16. jtbo

jtbo Registered

No option with those words in my software, but of course software is not quite the latest, however it works just fine and I get good FFB even with Formula 2.

I just calculate steering ratio and adjust accordingly, but sometimes I set steering wheel to turn lot more than it should so that car is not so horribly quick to turn, first quarter turn should just get ready to turn, that is how it is in proper vehicles ;)

17. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

:confused:

[​IMG]

That is standard G25 software, why is yours different?

18. jtbo

jtbo Registered

You have even them settings in different order :confused:

I have this version released not so long ago 5.01.256 9/25/2007...

But indeed, no rattling, odd noises or poor FFB with Formula two or any other car, works where it counts I guess :)

19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

he he 2007 not long ago..
    but seriously, this format of yours reminds me of G27 software, not G25.

20. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

The game is setting my rotation with the Logitech software running. The box to Allow Game To Adjust Settings is tick.
    In software my rotation is set to 900. In game I am getting 576 in the 370Z.

Very nice feature.