Are you having sound issues with 7.1 surround sound.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wollo, Mar 8, 2013.

1. wollo

wollo Registered

First off,I've only been using Rfactor 2 for a month or so. I'm really enjoying it so far. This isn't a complaint, more of an attempt to see if I have an installation issue I could hunt and fix or if I just have to make do with and hope it gets resolved as the build numbers increase.
    Sound for me is patchy from most of my speakers, this is only in game. In the menus the "bong" noise seems to come from all the speakers. In the windows control panel all the speakers work. When I'm driving the sound from most speakers disappears and comes back. It seems related to where I am on the track. I only noticed this when reading other posts on this forum.
    I've tried going from 64 sounds down to 16 with no noticeable improvement. I've tried in game 7.1 sounds and windows settings. Neither was better.
    I'm running the latest drivers for my rig that I built for Rfactor 2. I'm using build 156, and 146 was the same.
    Stereo works but is crap when you've heard the 7 speakers work properly (even if it is only for a couple of seconds)
    Does anyone have a functioning 7.1 system in game?

Rig =

Asus Maximus gene V mainboard
    onboard sound (Realtec HD)
    Core i5@ 3.6 - 4.8
    Geforce 670 2gb
    16gb ram
    OCZ Vertex 60gb SSD
    Windows Ultimate x64
    Creative 7.1 sound system

2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

RF2 does not support 7.1 yet...

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

This game needs proper sound support, as TIG says its not there...yet....like a lot of other things!
    Hope its fairly high up the list though, seeing as other Sims have it nailed down (see Graphics thread for another feature comparison!)

4. JuanitoRPM

JuanitoRPM Registered

I think the surround sound will not be implemented until the start of the final version.

I have the MB and the speakers system very similar like yours and I feel the same with the 7.1., the sound from most speakers disappears and comes back. And from the first to the last build...

5. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

I hope they get rid of that BONG sound when selecting, it rattles my sub and it is annoying a nice click would do. On another note I like the sounds when the cars first start up they sound robust and like the real thing than it rolls off after that what is that about? Sounds are a HUGE part of the experience I hope they get better as time goes on and Im sure they will...... sorry for the off topic post......