Are Formel 1 rules implemented?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SeKa, Dec 30, 2011.

1. SeKa

SeKa Registered

BTW, how about Formel 1 rules, whole Europe is waiting for improvement since rF1 release. I guess that was promised long time ago on RSC?

One point I would take gladly in addition, it would be practical and helpful, if we could write to setups notes in addition. As it was possible with F1C.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2011
  2. JoshJ81

JoshJ81 Registered

I've been asking about KERS/DRS for awhile and not getting any answers but I am hoping there will be parameters to set it up. Better tire rules as well, like forcing Q tires to be used at the start of a race with proper wear remaining. Right now, you can Q on softs and switch to hards for the race, but that tire will have the wear that the softs ended with from Q...weird. In rF one, there is a way you can force the tires from Q but then you cannot change tire types during the race (tires become locked). Our league setup a plugin that reads what tires were started with and what types they used after each pit stop so we can enforce the 2 tire types rule like in Formula 1 without having to do PARC FERME on the tires within rFactor. I hope ISI inputs a parameter where at the end of the race if rF2 detects that at least two tires were not used it would DQ the driver. Or at the the very least make a LOG file to the server (and player) of all the driver's tires during a race to confirm.

I suspect at the time, rFactor was created to match the "then" F1 rules, when there was only refueling at pit stops (2005-2006). So hopefully, they go by the same theories and update the rules available, I truly do not see why they would not.

3. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Seeing as there are no Formula 1 cars in the game I would be amazed if DRS/KERS and tire rules from the series are included. They are quite strange rules that no other formula or series follow so adding them would be alot of work for something that isn't really included in the game.

I personally don't want to push a button to pass someone anyway, we have stuff like F1 2011 for that nonsense.

4. Senna94

Senna94 Registered

KERS DRS are not inlcuded. But i think the tempboost is available (like rF1).

5. JoshJ81

JoshJ81 Registered

Mikey, regardless if it is none sense or not (which I'm not here to debate), its the rules in a major motorsport that has a very large following within the sim community no matter what the sim program is being used. My league, along with 3 other leagues have been asking me if I will be able to get DRS and KERS in the new mod (been asked for the last 2 years and in 2009 for KERS). Most of the time I tell them no because of to many possible loopholes for cheating. However, the community wants this and I feel ISI should accommodate it, (just my opinion) and this is why I ask. The facts are that DRS and KERS in F1 will be around for at least 4 or 5 more years maybe even longer, so why not implement it in a way that is easy to adjust? As well, I assume you have not looked at early pictures of rF2. There have been numerous pictures of F1 style cars (and no I'm not talking about the 60s era stuff or the Renault 3.5). One of the cars was generically painted like a McLaren and another like a Williams. I don't understand why someone would think that a stock ISI F1 style mod (like the Open-Wheel Series in rF1) would not be in rF2?

BTW, F12011 is not a sim by any stretch of the imagination, nor is it usable for League use.

Senna, Tempboost is a good thing to emulate KERS but there needs to be more parameters like time of use during a lap, does the boost reset each lap, amount of power produced, and does this boost cause engine damage, and how many boosts per race (For the Indy guys). I would just like KERS and DRS style parameters so that when I implement them, there are no loopholes for cheating the system. The current rF1/KERS/DRS system I have in place works good but there is no guarantee that loopholes are close to prevent cheating because the plugin system is not detectable on servers, so there is no mismatch safe guards.

6. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

No offence intended, I'm an avid F1 fan myself but am not a fan of KERS and DRS. My point was why should ISI produce some kind of DRS and KERS system when the game does not have any F1 cars when shipped? If the process to allow modders to include such things is easy and doesn't detract from the rest of the game then fine but I imagine theres more work than one would imagine with activation points needed for each track etc etc....

Again I'm sorry for the flippent comments but I'm sure you see my point. If it can be done without the game suffering then great.

P.S I must say I've seen all images on R Factor 2 and there hasn't been a single F1 car in any of them, and the previous F1 car, the BMW from R Factor 1 obviously doesn't have said KERS or DRS.

7. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

From next year on, apparently the Formule Renault 3.5 will excually use DRS, or so I've heard.

On the subject of wanting DRS (and Kers) or not, I don't really care. I would be OK with it, since it is used in real-life, but would be okay without as well :)

8. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    Well as for not being a F1 car and to back up my Bro.
    But this to me looks like a modern day F1 car I would even go as far as to say looks like a McLaren.
    View attachment 348
    Look closely at the wings body they might not be saying it is a F1 car because of license laws.
    But man skin it Chrome and you got a McLaren :lol:
    So if they are that close (Would it be more work Yes) but it would be worth it.
    Besides there is a lot of continent that will be coming just not on the first release.

Ruben M.

9. zlep

zlep Registered

I really hope they add F1 rules and of course also DRS and KERS. Formula 1 is (one of) the most important race series in the world, so I would be really disappointed if they wouldn't add it or at least a easy possibility for modders.

By the way one question: If open beta starts in a few days, what do you think when will there be the first (basic) F1 mods?

10. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    Zlep Wrote:
    Well I would guess it all depends on how much work a current F1 mod will take to convert and what the beta will allow.
    Most leagues will more then likely wait and test before rushing to use RF2.
    But I am also thinking/hoping that there are some RF2 beta testers who are modders that already have a head start on this.
    So hopefully a F1 mod and some tracks will be available rather soon.

Of course the above is just a guess and could be wishful thinking but hey one can only hope. :lol:

Ruben M.

11. JoshJ81

JoshJ81 Registered

As Ruben has already pointed out, here are more pictures that you might have missed with the modern F1 style cars.

The car to the right of the middle car.
    http://rfactor.net/web/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/rf2family22_16x10.jpg

The third car back
    http://rfactor.net/web/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/rf2family12_16x10.jpg

The car directly behind the C6R
    http://rfactor.net/web/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/rf2family16_16x10.jpg

The car in front
    http://rfactor.net/web/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/rf2family30_16x10.jpg

So do you see my point now? There will be modern F1 Style cars in rF2 at some point, so why not have modern F1 style rules available? They do it for NASCAR style racing with "Lucky Dog" and freezing the fields.

For the DRS activation points and zones, the AIW file would solve this. There are sector marker numbers for sector 1 2 and 3 of the tracks timing which it measures the distance in meters from the S/F line. If you cross a sector 2 line, the rFactor timing tells you the timing among other information such intervals to the leader, guy ahead and guy behind. Add a DRS parameters in the same manner but to work with the HDV files.

12. SeKa

SeKa Registered

Are the rules of real F1 series usefull or not? Who may state that? It is fact, that they are. And it is fact, that rFactor 2 will be allso a simulation as rFactor, with a open architecture. Formula 1 is one of the world most popular racing series, where many leagues run championships with rfactor. Why should a future be nonsense, where the real life practices it . Why should it be difficult, to implement options for rules like F1 rules. I wrote intentionally explicitly from rules, and not from technical conversions. And these are in particular attitudes concerning tires. Surely are KERS and DRS also important for "get real as possible". It will be a simulation!

Rather we need comprehensive options for all racing series, without limitation on Formula 1.

Happy new year for all. Cheers!