Apex GT3 vs URD GT

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by davehenrie, Nov 25, 2016.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I ran some online laps at Rouen with the APEX Ferrari 854 and then a day or so later the URD GT cars(also Ferrari 458). I tried to get the setups as close as possible and found the GT3 car to have about 20 kph higher top speed and 8+ seconds faster than the URD GT.
    So that leads to my questions:
    1. Are the GT3 cars from the Apex mod too fast?
    Or,
    2. are the URD GT cars too slow?
    The GT car from URD felt more stable but slow when compared to the GT3 variety.
    3. Shouldn't the WEC car be marketly faster than Blanc Pain series car?
    Double checked a few settings. The URD GT was using soft tires vs Mediums on the Apex and the fuel mixture setting on the URD was set to the default position of 5. Apex does not have that feature yet.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  2. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Go to Le Mans and see which is fastest - laptime. Both should be capable of 290 kph or so on the straights

3. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

Yes the Apex cars are too fast IMO, they have nearly twice the downforce for the same amount of drag as the URD mod at minimum wing.

This means that the Apex mod is far easier to set up and to drive fast in a relatively short time. With luck they will sort the physics out properly on the next release and not use artificially high d/f (especially diffuser) to sort out BOP.

The URD mod is a quick car but it takes some time to get used to how precise you have to be with setup and driving in order to be fast. Its very rewarding when you do.

Kobradelta1000 and Guimengo like this.
  4. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Yes the Apex GT3 are much faster compared to the real GT3 cars. Have you tried the latest update with the mixture adjustment? IMO a bit more power than mixture 1 is how those cars should be. BTW is a great mod IMO.