Anyone going Oulton Park for the BTCC ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bart S, May 31, 2013.

1. Bart S

Bart S Member

Just thought I'd post to inform you guys. If your going Oulton Park for the BTCC and fancy showing of your rFactor skillz on a real motion sim infront of many well last year Ebay motors got in I think its a force dynamics 301 mo sim with rFactor driving a BMW and Oulton Park circuit. I didnt manage to have ago last year because the que was massive but this year I will and hopefully I have the best time of the weekend.
    Get practicing on rFactor, get Oulton Park circuit and BMW 3 series car that way you will be nicely warmed up for the day.

Oh an if your going give us a shout on here we will meet up for a beer, its good to meet some people I race against online.

2. worthy1066

worthy1066 Registered

Bart ,

yeah I'm going down for the race day (usaully go for weekend but got other stuff on .....drinkin etc) .Did the same sort of thing at Donny last year , when I got there it was the 85 f1 turbo .The best time's for the top 5 was between 1:15 and 1:05 .By the time id come out the pits and done my warm up lap I'd done 1:07 and eventually got it down to 1:01 for first place ,but missed out on 1st price of free F2 weekend due to not having another go all weekend (knew I had another 1/2 sec - 1 sec more cos I knew i could of got 2 corners better ,but being on the beer and watching the racing I didnt go back .....hey ho

3. Bart S

Bart S Member

This is my 8th year on the trot, every year my crew go down on the Friday noon and pitch tent in the corner spot at cascades/dentons its religion it just wouldn't be the same if we don't get that spot. All weekend its just booze cars and ogglin pit girls. Gonna give the rfactor challenge a go this year I think I got it in me, might give the booze a miss till I had my go.

4. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

One of my favorite tracks. I believe anyone who did this well would be a hero.

5. worthy1066

worthy1066 Registered

Must admit cascades is a crackin spot to view you get some good action there and still see the chicane.I'm a donny fan love going there each yr in April but I agree about Oulton its got character and only 50 mins away which is a bonus

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2013
  6. spanky58

spanky58 Registered

Which BMW mod do they use, do you know?
    May have a crack ;)

7. Bart S

Bart S Member

Sorry Spank dunno maybe the etcc one, I will be there my name on the scoreboard. After rfactor2 I just cant drive rfactor 1 its crazy this is the new norm. Anyway my tickets for weekend have arrived my camping pass and also my grandstand seating on raceday now I just need beer , bbq and sunglasses its gonna be hot hot hot

8. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

It's the Sim Dream mod. JUST KIDDING. :p

9. worthy1066

worthy1066 Registered

now that sounds like a good time. :cool:

10. Deecee52

Deecee52 Registered

I live about 15mins away from Oulton and used to go for all the meetings , the best viewing spot used to be on the hill opposite cascades, from there you can take in Old Hall , Cascades , Island , the exit of Shell , Knickerbrook , and Clay Hill.
    I have seen some great racing there over the years and met some great drivers , Clark , Hill (both of them) , senna , Brundle and Mansell , Prior to JP taking over the circuit , spectators had access to pit area and you could talk to these guys , alot of them were very friendly and patient with us spectators .
    The old Oulton (pre Foulstons) was a mega circuit jus like a minature Spa , the old layout in RF2 would be awesome