(Another) SteamCMD Dedicated Server problem

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by XurXiniX, Mar 2, 2017.

1. XurXiniX

XurXiniX Registered

Hello, I spent 2 days reading on some forums and Steam discussions, I've tried all the solutions I found on the web but I still can't see my server on the Matchmaker. The only way i can see it is putting the "LAN Ports" 27013..27018. I've tried making a direct access with +connect and rf2 launches but stuck on "attempt direct connect" screen. Before start with SteamCMD i was trying with the Dedicated Server option from launcher but not success. I'm out of options, I'm only want to make a server to have fun with some friends but it's been 2 days, yes, TWO days, trying all the suggestions I saw on Forums, uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing works ;(. Please any help would be appreciated!

PD: Sorry for my poor English

Attached Files:

2. Juan Manuel Ferreira

Juan Manuel Ferreira Registered

Im have the same problem and now I have the theory that's the problem is te new patch with windows 10, so I will try to make it run on windows 7.
    Y can see my server and enter if y create direct access from the desicated .exe and and in the target +connect miIp:64297 +Password
    But i don't know if other can see it

3. XurXiniX

XurXiniX Registered

Te he escrito en una conversacion para poder hablar en castellano entre nosotros ;)

4. XurXiniX

XurXiniX Registered

Well, I've partially solved my problem, running the Launcher Dedicated Server.
    I've assigned a "LAN" port (27018) on the "HTTP Server Port line" in the Multiplayer.json, After that I can see my server in the Lan label at launcher/multiplayer and enter without problems.
    To allow my friends to join the server they have to:
    -make a shortcut from the rfactor.exe file located in ...steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin32 (I have to try on x64 but I hopes it works fine too, the dedi is running x64),
    -right-click in the file
    -properties
    -add in the "destination" line, at the end with a space after quotations marks: +connect YOUR_IP:27018 (ex: steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin32\rFactor2.exe" +connect xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:27018)
    -Wait a little to rF2 launching
    -Have fun

I don't know if it's mandatory to have launcher closed during the process, my friend had it closed. Try if you want and if doesn't works close it.
    Hope this trick helps to anyone, while we wait for an Studio-397 fix for normal multiplayer own servers, regards!

PD: Thank you to Juan Manuel Ferreira for some help having 2 views of the problem;)