Released Announcing the Ligier JS P320 LMP3

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Thanks for letting us know, your preferred way to spend money is very important for me.

2. Fer

Fer Registered

In my opinion, rfactor's way of selling on steam penalizes regular dlc buyers, since they do not benefit from any offer that can only be taken advantage of by those who buy a pack that they do not have any items from. there are others that give you an equivalent discount if you already have items from the pack, it is only objective data.

3. lagg

lagg Registered

It's the same with all the software.
    If you buy when it's new, the price is bigger than if you wait and buy when there is a sale or the software is old.

Bernat and trichens like this.
  4. Corgan

Corgan Registered

But I think he's talking about the fact, that when you buy an rFactor 2 pack that contains an item that you already own, you have to pay the full price regardless. While with other games in the same exact case you get a discount because of the already owned item.

5. lagg

lagg Registered

Usually the content of the packs are old DLCs

6. Anto870

Anto870 Registered

[​IMG]

7. Corgan

Corgan Registered

I totally agree. I don't know what would they do, if there would be a common agreement among players that nobody buys content on release day, simply sitting out until packs come out. But that will never happen.:p So yes, they should consider another model.

Sim_Player likes this.
  8. sg333

sg333 Registered

Or you can just pay the like 40 $/€/£ or whatever and just get on with your life

trichens likes this.
  9. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hahaha if everyone did that, we'd have a very hard time justifying being able to do anything further with the simulation - would make for quite a few difficult conversations !

Hear you all on the current store / items structure though - and it is noted and is under discussion about how we might better be able to do this in future. For sure, it isn't a quick or easy win, but we acknowledge it's very important, and as such assign it suitable priority to sort out one way or another.

10. Corgan

Corgan Registered

Maybe you're right.

trichens likes this.
  11. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

great contribution this post, ... greatly defines your uselessness
    pobrecito...

12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

what a good answer ... perfect
    [​IMG]

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I can't say, cuz I don't have games like that, but I would suspect the package price is nowhere near as low as the rF2 packs are considering the amount of content in each one. Those that give you a discount for the duplicate purchase 'probably' keep the price of the package higher. Again, as I said to someone else the other day. You'll just have to grimace while you save money.

14. Corgan

Corgan Registered

Yes. But it's about the principle, not the price. Nobody likes to pay twice for the same thing. But don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about it, I'm just saying. I bought rFactor 2 packs this way, and I won't say I regretted it. Just would be better if they would consider already bought product. But if they do not, then be it.

15. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

We are very much limited by how things are currently setup on that front, and acknowledge that the item store isn't the best solution nowadays - however, we are looking at what could be done to make things better - probably a fair way off if we even can improve things, but it's certainly being looked into :)

16. Havner

Havner Registered

Did it already start? @Nieubermesch 's profile doesn't exist anymore, cannot start a private message with him. Was he banned?

EDIT: Yep, he's been banned. He contacted me through other means. Seems that S397 has already went this route. Sad.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
  17. Alessio Feletto

Alessio Feletto Registered

S397 didn't anything... if a human being can't behave is the right way to act, and don't let us start about freedom of speech or whatever, the dude had a lot of freedom. IMHO

18. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

He was rightfully banned. He was let go for far longer than any other admin would've allowed

19. Bernat

Bernat Registered

You can always buy items individually. Anyone buying a pack with a duplicated item does so because it's still cheaper than getting them individually without the duplicated content. I don't fully understand the complains. Sure, someone new to rF2 will benefit from discounted packs that didn't exist before, but that's acceptable because new users didn't enjoy the content before and they have a lot to purchase to get in line with everyone else's content.

This discussion reminds me of people complaining that they bought the game full price and the next day it was on sale. That's how sales work, if you can wait indefinitely you might get it cheaper. But you can choose not to wait and pay whatever the price is when you want it.

I'm not rich but S397 needs a source of income to keep operating and improving the sim. There's always lots of comparisons to iRacing, but when it comes to pricing you look elsewhere. The good thing is that DLC is optional, not everyone needs every item, and you don't need it right away, but you'll benefit from the improvements those DLC sales will bring to the sim.

20. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

So what did he say that got him banned?