ANNOUNCEMENT: Mid-Ohio LMP test race (19 May, 11 AM EDT)

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by guod, May 7, 2013.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Can't do June 16 its fathers day and already I had a race on mothers day the wifey has said no to the 16th. It's not going any later either. Really this was supposed to happen late May but that won't happen.

2. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Well ok its all fine for my team as long as there is more than one week to prep everything. Crossing my fingers for the final cars to be released earlier.

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The problem is we can't wait (for one race) for an update that may not come. Once the tire and cars are right for SimHQ they will make sure that everything is perfect for the SCES. If you are into endurance racing check them out, its going to be the premier rF2 endurance racing. But for this race its for fun and to test out what rF2 can do so we have to go with what we have FOR NOW.

I'm not looking to step on any toes and I want this to go forward and its already been pushed ahead several weeks more than I wanted

4. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Alright, thanks for the info. Also created an account over at simhq, a whole endurance racing series sounds really interesting.

5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

After reading the input from other [better] drivers we will use the Corvette and the Saulnier prototype but I am going to make a minor change to the Corvette in the length of pit stops. we will still have to take more stops for tires than we should have to because i don't agree totally with Tim Wheatley about the tires, they do wear too fast IMHO. But we will push on and make this happen.

6. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Have we settled on a date?

7. guod

guod Registered

Yes. I'll be posting info this weekend with a sign-up thread, available files, and server access.

We're going to combine the remaining two testing sessions for the LMP and Corvette. That will be a 1.5 hour race on 2 June. The 6 Hours of Mid-Ohio Event will be held on 9 June.

8. Jul

Jul Registered

Hi,

Any news about this event and the reworked LMP1 car ? I would love to try it out

regards,
    Jul

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

It's not ready yet. We'll release it via PM to those who have signed up for the race. The Corvette will be reworked as well.

10. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

More than an hour with the tires so I can confirm if it is after 2.07.500 minimum but yours :)

After 10 laps just a bar turns black, 20 minutes running minumum
    Last night 20 towers and two black bars
    So no worries about 1 hour run with tires

The settings are part of the race game
    The know-how is an art that few have finally top of the table
    I'm not Tommy Millner I is not super lap either :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2013
  11. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The problem is, 1 hour or even 75 minutes is unrealistic and not enough. But we have to go with what we have unless we have a breakthrough with the car. SimHQ is working on it now.

12. guod

guod Registered

13. guod

guod Registered