Amount Smoke Tyre

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ginmile, May 28, 2021.

1. Ginmile

Ginmile Registered

Ther's a way how to increase the amount for smoke tyres?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There used to be in rF1, so it 'may' be possible in rF2(lots of things from 1 got left behind, I think in the rush to get 2 out the door.)
    @mantasisg has done lots of work on tires, perhaps he knows. HOWEVER....if you increase the smoke, you will run afoul of the Anti-rF2 Smoke & Dust enforcers who claim it just looks so wrong we should never drive rF2 again.

3. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Only can be done right now in Devmod :) GRAB_533.JPG

DJCruicky likes this.
  4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I don't really know how to adjust for this effect even in Devmode. I am more into physics, this is more graphical stuff, although perhaps relates with ignition temperature parameter of physics.

Looks absolutely sick ! As in above picture. I guess we will have till crypto craze will eventually burst, so everyone will be able to buy used RTX cards, as I guess such smoke consumes a lot of performance. Even besides smoke there are massively performance hits, such as rain (the actual rainfall) in rF2. Although you can not really have the smoke on the wet surface.

I like the smoke.

5. Ginmile

Ginmile Registered

My question is related when I drive drifting car. Lot of fun

6. MotherDawg

MotherDawg Registered

In rF1 and AMS, all these files were replaceable by just adding a new appropriately named files in the GameData\Locations folder and the executable would use those in place of the one inside the Commonmaps.mas.

I remember putting a bigger smoke graphic in there and during a Race2Play event, losing all sight and going off because the 2nd guy in front had spun.

I don't think that process still works as I had tried to do the same with a car .SFX file but the game continued to use the original one.

Not sure but the new online check will flag it as nonstandard.