AMD 15.5 driver out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marc Collins, May 30, 2015.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Made especially for PCars, or at least PCars is this month's poster child to justify a new unofficial driver update.

Interesting result for me. The highest FPS cars are now worse performing and the lowest FPS cars perform better. It basically squashed some of the variability in frame rates so that there is a narrower range while on track with a field of cars. I guess that's a good thing. No overall performance improvement, though.

2. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I got a bsod during installation, had a horrible mess to try and sort out as all my screens would only come on in safemode, lost all my profiles and eyefinity settings, sorted now though, gone back to the old driver.

3. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Bit misleading as it's still a beta driver.

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

They're all beta now. Once per year update for the official driver. Once per month they release what would have been the normal monthly update, but advertise a particular game or three that it is supposed to be specially tweaked to improve or resolve some issues and call it beta. Probably reduces their tech support a lot because any problems can just be written off to--too bad, it's a beta. Can you tell I am not impressed?

5. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Use driver uninstaller when removing the old drivers and you won't have issues. Installing over an old driver will cause problems. They sometimes use an older driver file in the packages than what you have.

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

As rouge said, use the latest version of DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). It's updated quite frequently (once a week, or two) so always make sure to download the newest version.

Extract to a folder (I like creating a "DDU" folder on my desktop and extracting the files in there).

Restart Windows in "Safe Mode".

Run the DDU EXE file and proceed to remove all AMD/Nvidia GPU stuff. If you've never used DDU before then I would run it twice - once to remove Nvidia stuff, and once to remove AMD stuff.

Click delete without restart until the last time, then click delete with restart (or delete with shutdown if you're going to be physically changing or adding a GPU).

Hope that helps.

P.S. Click the link in my sig for super thorough and a slightly obsessive compulsive set of directions to fully remove and install GPU drivers. It's written for Nvidia but you can pretty-much apply it to AMD.

7. coops

coops Banned

No wonder so much shiot in the forums things never posted where they should be PLEASE MOVE........... or is AMD special?

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I went to have a look at this driver then remembered my laptop has nVidia #Duh

don't open the thread, problem solved.

9. coops

coops Banned

thats always your answer is it not. just makes work for TIM great let him waste time doing that than answering PPL'S ?'s

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

how does it waste Tims time when the fact is YOU don't need to open the thread? is he using your mouse via remote control or something? seriously mate don't let a thread get to you so much!

11. coops

coops Banned

no i won't i will just open a smartass thread so ppl can post there smartass remarks in there sick of seeing in every thread by ppl i dont ever come in here with that attitude but see it all the time. just getting to me that so many get away with to much crap on this site. im over it hope i get bloody BANNED................ PLEASE TIM BAN ME FROM THIS SITE FOR AWHILE I NEED IT SICK OF THE CRAP ON HERE................... MAYBE READ MY AVATAR

12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Dude relax, its just a forum. If Tim wants it moved, he'll move it, if he wants you to move it, he'll make you a moderator.

Telling people their posts are shiot.
    Getting upset over smartass remarks.
    Same difference if you ask me :p

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I hope no one thinks my post was a smart-ass remark...I was honestly just trying to give nice, clear directions on a proper GPU driver uninstall.

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

You did, and graphics driver updates and our rF2 experience with them is a general topic of conversation around here, regardless of what coops thinks. rF2 is by far the most graphics-intensive app I use on my system, so driver updates matter.

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Or consistently ignoring peoples well meaning advice to do the right thing you mean ? lool

>>>> http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/9036-ATI-and-NVIDIA-updates?p=359625#post359625<<<

Bloody 1/2 the threads here don't belong, coops is spot on. !

Wheels, Rift, plugins etc. etc. they are ALL HARDWARE /SOFTWARE ???

geees lmao

16. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Coops:
    If you want to make less work for Tim, just stop arguing about ............ nothing !!