Alternative key mappings for Gear Up/Down.

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Ville-Samuli Mutanen, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Ville-Samuli Mutanen

Ville-Samuli Mutanen Registered

I've been thinking that why there is no alternative key mappings for Gear up/down function. I think I'm not the only guy here whose got padlle shifters and sequential shifter. It just feels stupid to change key mappings every time you wan't to use different changing method.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2012
  2. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

You can save a preset for each and load the preset depending on what you want to shift with.
    Or you can download Joy2Key (or JoyToKey). That program emulates pressing a key when you press a button on your joystick. So then you just set it to emulate the same key for shifting with paddles and with shifter.

3. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

I do this. I have 3 saved for H, Seq and Paddles.

4. Ville-Samuli Mutanen

Ville-Samuli Mutanen Registered

Yes. Offcourse I can do it that way but I can't see the point here. Why it has to be that complicated? :p

5. DavidG

DavidG Registered

I agree with this in principle, although my preferred method of getting around this problem would be to simply link controller files to cars. This way you could do as kk suggests (which is what I do), but have the appropriate controller settings automatically loaded for whichever car you are driving.