SOLVED All tracks and Cars

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Saabjock, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

I've never really gotten All tracks & Cars to work properly. It's always been 'iffy' at best.
    Selecting items on the page are almost always followed by momentary hang-ups in those menus and when i do select the race button, RF2 crashes at the end of the track loading screen.
    I've tried removing the software and re-loading with bare minimum and ISI only mods. I've turned off all background programs...including antivirus. I've tried completely new builds.
    In short, I've tried almost everything I can think of. The irony is that multiplayer works 100% of the time.
    I'm giving it one more shot today after not being able to run the Classic Cars mod.
    Everything is now removed...including the directory. I kept the Packages and Replays folders and the player file only.
    What, if any other things should I remove before reinstalling?
    Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2013
  2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

And why dont you try making a second installation from lite in a separate directory? It wont affect existing one. It takes two minutes to do and another two to install a track and a car. You will know if you have something wrong in your installation.

Remember you can point to the original package folder in mod manager. You will see all content but nothing installled.

I wonder why people resist to new installs when it is so easy and fast to do and solves lots of problems.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

3. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Thank you for the suggestion.
    I was not sure if two installs were allowed without screwing up the activation.
    I'll give that a shot.

Update: That worked and now for the first time ever, I can actually run any car on any track.
    I have one 'official' install with just ISI content and another with everything else.
    I did also notice a very small up-tick on framerate and smoothness in doing it this way.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2013