aiw

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Bink, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Bink

Bink Registered

View attachment 13574

edit: Why dosen't it matter if the track's collision corridors cross pit entry or exit?
    After the car vectors From the track's fastLine (track waypoints) To the pit lane...
    the ai is getting it's guidance from the pit lane waypoints. So it "can't see" the main
    track cut-corner and collision anymore . In the pits, it only "sees" the pit corridors,
    box wp, and (eventually) the pit wp "next" pointer --> track wp.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
  2. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

Nice track ;)

Good to see that the tool is almost ready.

One question: if I make a line manually is possible to use as the fast line?

3. Bink

Bink Registered

Yes.... no problema..... Although...

1. you would need to copy the user props from a fast line that the script made...

2. your line would need to have the name, "aisplFast".

(I may write copy and paste button functions eventually).

Why does it need these specs? All splines that the script makes start with "aispl" so that the script knows it made the spline, for system events, and for "wake-up".

--> The user props (in the spline) are important for self-referencial coding purposes (auto-referencia)...

...and so the script can "know" the last time it was edited... last time the spline <--> waypoint offsets were "measured" (for updating the aiw file).
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you really like the track in the above image, I know a guy in Portugal who will sell it to you for a reasonable price.

4. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

;)

Maybe a "import Spline" button for spline conversion?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "a guy in Portugal" ??? but in Portugal but only know how to play football and eat cod!:cool:

5. Bink

Bink Registered

Maybe I've missed the posts... but has anyone mentioned anything different about the way cars react in rf2 when hanging a tire slightly off the road surface onto terrain (for instance.. with "dirt..." or "rmbl" materials)?

On a couple of tracks I've been messing with, rf1-->rf2 cornversions in dev-mode (for dev-mode & btb made tracks), something seems to make the car almost roll... almost as if it hits an invisible brick on some corners.

Same tracks in rf1 do not have these problems.

I've 'snapped' the terrain epoly virtices to the track verts... etc.. but not much luck getting rid of these. I have even tested rebuilding some of the terrain so that it is flat (parallel) to to track surface.... but no luck.

edit: I've verified that the normals on the track and terrain are ok as well.