AIW: left and right path

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by qusimano, Mar 27, 2018.

1. qusimano

qusimano Registered

Hi, i noted that in my track i dont have left and right path after i do the centerline and the fastpath: Pdf from 2013 say that this line are autogenerated, but when i highlight them, only the centerline is showed.
    do i need to make them manually? and another question, do i need to do them like the fastpath(driving fast)or like the centerline(slowly)? they are in the same submenu of the fastpath and there is a timer like when i do the fastpath..so i get confused
    thx in advance

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Yes you have to make them manually. I try to drive them the same speed(usually around 100km/h), I don't know if it actually matters.

3. qusimano

qusimano Registered

thx Coutie;)

4. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

It doesn't matter what speed u drive them, those lines are mainly for the warm-up lap, so be sure they car not converging at any point.

SS

qusimano and Juergen-BY like this.
  5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I think the manual refers to the track limits being generated automatically. I think it worked in the past but I would need to double check.

The paths for double lane in formation/FCY laps is another story.

6. qusimano

qusimano Registered

Hi Spaskis, maybe you talk about "corridors"? they work well i think:p

7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Yes I referred to corridors. I just read the pdf and I see what you mean and that you correctly referred in your post. Apparently it doesn't work as it is written for what you say.
    Left/Right Path
    When the track is reloaded, if you make the left or right lines visible (“path sub menu”,
    “visible/action path” (or “visible path 2”, or “visible path 3”), you’ll see they’ve been auto-generated for you. Normally, you don’t need to do anything else to these lines, although it’s always good to make sure the pit path blends smoothly onto and off of each of these, just as you did with the fastest line.

It is quite similar as with corridors, thats why I thought you mught have confused both "paths".

Corridors
    The next thing you’ll want to do is “find corridors” from the main menu. AI use corridors to get
    information on the width of the track, what is a legal racing surface as opposed to an illegal surface,
    and so on. When you click on “find corridors” you’ll get a countdown as each waypoint is processed.
    Generally, the process usually takes only a few seconds.
    Normally, you don’t have to do much to the corridors once they are run, but it is possible to use
    them to help the AI filter through narrow sections of track and enter tight turns—more on this
    below. For now, just run them as leave them as is. Once finished, it would again be a good idea to
    save the current version of the AIW file.