AI tyre changes.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Johnny0511, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Johnny0511

Johnny0511 Registered

Hello there,
    I am new to rfactor 2 and i am trying to host an offline f1 championship. My issue is that the AI, though they pit, do not switch tyre compounds. For example, they might pit 3 times and use 3 soft compounds, which is not only illegal on the real sport, but unnecessary on the sim race, since they can gain time by not pitting and using harder compounds. The issue is both on modded material and official in game content, with the only difference being different starting tyres. Is there any way i can preset the pit stops, so that the AI will follow a pre-designed strategy, or set them up to use different compounds during a race?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If you are new to rF2, I will try to be blunt without being offensive. The offline experience is full of problems like you describe. There is a list at least a page long of issues that have been identified for years without any fix in sight. The focus of the developers since S397 purchased the sim from ISI is to rebuild the User Interface(UI) and create an online competition system. The UI was first released a year ago after 3 years of work. The Competition system is supposed to be shown any day now. But neither system is complete and or in a finished state. S397 stated long ago that almost all solo play issues will not be addressed until the above two projects are fully matured. That statement was at least two years ago. The only solo(AI) issues that have been addressed are items that were needed for a new carset or track to operate. So what I am saying is this. S397 is keeping a list of reported issues, both online and offline, but the offline solo play are definitely at the back of the line. Do not expect any sort of rapid response to this or other offline issues. Someday, perhaps. not this day.
    If you plan on offline racing, at least for now, turn off the flag system. Enjoy rF2 for what it does, but don't expect progress at a pace similar to other titles.

atomed likes this.
  3. Johnny0511

Johnny0511 Registered

It's a shame really, the game has the base model and physics to become the greatest driving sim on every category, either online or offline and you can't do basic stuff like this. I am not an expert οn gaming development but my logic tells me that allowing a player to setup a pit stop strategy for the AI is not the hardest solution to be found. Other sim racing developers have implemented a similar system years before. It's also necessary to focus on offline gameplay, because online servers without DLC content are dying out. From my experience so far, i have found 2-3 casual servers that i can play with the basic game and i can't invest the time needed for a league racing season, others are just empty or require DLC. It's just a shame. Maybe a developer can answer this thread and allow us to know if they plan to fix this issue on the near future or not.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    atomed likes this.