AI tire Wear

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Philip00, May 29, 2013.

1. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hi all!

In Rfactor 1 was the option AI Tire modell, where can i setup Ai has the same tyre wear as me, how can i setup this in RFactor 2?

2. I play against AI(megane trophy) and some AI don't go to refuel they run out of fuel, why?

2. Philip00

Philip00 Member

No one knows this, so the AI don't have tyre wear?

3. Michael Borda

Michael Borda Car Team

1.) AI Tire Model variable in rF1 affected the optimum slip angle of the AI more than anything else (I wouldn't have expected a major impact on tyre wear), this is effectively now forced to 1.0 in rF2. There's no way to change only their wear rate individually from the player, unless you edit the mod directly. So yes, the AI do have tyre wear but they are calibrated by the mod maker.

2.) Sounds like a bug, we might have to check this out, which track was this on?

4. Philip00

Philip00 Member

1. i understand, but i play with Megane trophy and and fuji with 7x tyre wear and 30 lap race. I give ai the control, all the car has same laptimes in whole race(1.42.xxx), they go to the pit but their laptimes not change. i did same with other mods with no result:(

2. it's happened in Blackwood and Barcelona maybe because this not from ISI?

5. williang83

williang83 Registered

This is nothing, I don't remember if it was FR 3.5 or F2 but once the AI lost the rear wing but still had the same grip and fast time. This happens when the AI is not only totally scripted buy also badly scripted. I know that it is not easy to put together mod-abilities and AI but an old game made miracles in this sector, its name was GP 4 (new track? it doesn't matter the AI will still be the same! AI damaged? doesn't matter the AI will be afflicted! and much more). I don't believe that ISI is planing to bring their script to a whole new level (this is old, imported from rf1) until there the offline experience will always be poor in all point of view.
    I always said, in terms of driving feeling ISI is doing an amazing job, but in terms of AI rf2 is just by far behind a game of 2002.

The effects of bad script can easily be seen :
    - No tire consumption effect;
    - No fuel consumption effect;
    - No damage effect;
    - Bad failure system;

I can understand if those effects are provided by scripts in a boxed game(only one type of car) if done properly (which is not the case of F1 2010, 2011 and 2012 as example) but in a game like rf2 where the game is born to be moddable scripts are not the best choice as neither is using the same algorithm for players cars(too heavy for a huge amount of cars). It must be a compromise due to our limited CPU power, and a good compromise for me is a light real time algorithm that must remind players' algorithm.

Bye

6. Philip00

Philip00 Member

So maybe i dp something wrong?