AI race manager plugin

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Comante, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Comante

Comante Registered

I hope to have understood the reason of a wishlist, so I try to write down an idea that I have, but that I can't make true.

I think RF2 offline users, would greatly enjoy a plugin that could help manage those features:
    1) assign one or more specific setup to AI for qualify
    2) assign one or more setups to AI for race
    3) be able to manage tire compound rules in races that require them.
    4) be able to avoid that all AI pit the same lap following the same exact strategy, the nirvana would be that some kind of AI dictate strategies, but random could be enough too.

Having recently installed R2LA and finding it great, I think that something with a similar web interface would be fairly easy to use, but differently from it, that read log files written after the session, that plugin must be able to receive info from the sim in real time (car positions, lap times, tire/fuel wear .. etc.

Is this too crazy?

Cheers

2. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I don`t think rF2 plugin API has access to control this stuff. Of course, very needed features for offline racing.

4. Comante

Comante Registered

Yes, at the moment, if you want to race against something that need some setup tweak, you risk to spend a lot of time just preparing for a race, with the risk that if some stupid thing like AI strenght is not properly set, or simply the game crashes, you have to do it again from scratch. I think FISI for example, a very nice MOD that sadly can't be raced with proper tire rules unless you play with human opponents. At the moment, the only pratical option is to race with cars that have just one tire compound and that can race on default setup on the track of your choice.

5. trollray

trollray Registered

Very good idea +100 ;)