AI not pitting for wets

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by argo0, Jan 22, 2012.

1. argo0

argo0 Registered

Hi,
    Had a search but couldn't find anything. As the title suggests, the AI don't seem to come in for wet tyres when it rains mid race. If anyone can shed any light on this I'd appreciate it.
    Can ISI clarify what the AI are coded to do when it starts to rain or indeed the opposite, when we start on wets and need to come in for dry tyres please.
    What have your experiences been in this situation?
    Have any sims ever got this right?

2. argo0

argo0 Registered

Any ISI around to clarify this? Can anyone else shed any light?
    It's too big an issue to ignore surely!

3. taufikp

taufikp Registered

I'm guessing that rFactor2 AI is still in early stage (not only AI, but almost any part of rFactor2 needs an update/fix).

In F1 Championship 1999-2002 (made by ISI as well), AI can react to rain. They'll change tires as soon as possible. Based on this, in my opinion, ISI already have the knowledge and experience to create such AI.

4. MikeZ

MikeZ Registered

This is correct. AI weather related pit strategy is not yet implemented at all. (The weather system changed so radically between rF1 and 2, that all previous AI weather logic had to be completely scrapped.) That said, the AI physics is probably getting to the point where I can implement some very basic logic... no ETA yet though.

5. argo0

argo0 Registered

Thanks for taking the time to inform us Mike - we really appreciate it. Obviously we all realise offline racing depends on this feature in order to enjoy the great weather system and dynamic track features.
    Fantastic game, by the way. You're on your way to something special with this I reckon. So much to enjoy and admire even at this early stage.