AI not able to steer; help needed.

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Navigator, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hi guys,

Doing work on the Zonda, making many adjustments on the pm and later on the chassis file, I now see that the AI can't steer anymore.
    However; my own car drives very well.......

I took out the pm file as it is not needed when you have a chassis file (I read).
    I have no idea when it started; made many adjustments and never had AI present. Now they are and I see this.

Is there some setting that apply to the AI and not to the driver car (or the other way around)?
    I mean; where should I look first?

Any ideas? It's a shame because I really like the driving of the car now; don't want to mess it all up again.........

2. Michael Borda

Michael Borda Car Team

Are you using the new steering lines?
    If so make sure SteerLockRange=(22.0, 0.0, 11) is still set to something reasonable. Otherwise, I have no idea what it might be.

3. redapg

redapg Registered

Maybe i remember wrong, but i think i have read that the *.pm file is used by AI only.

Unfortunately i don't remember where i did read it .

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks guy! It works now :)

Ehm......now I have to say what it was don't I? I don't wanna...... ;)
    Okay; I'm a bit ashamed to say it was the steering lock; for some reason I can't think of anymore, I made that empty........huh? Yes I did.
    Filled in the old values and all okay now. I think I thought it was giving problems to my own steering or something like that.

Redapg; I tried the pm file in there too, but that could stay out I noticed. Now we know :)

Thanks again guys!