AI keeps rear ending me

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by DatBoi, Aug 13, 2023.

1. DatBoi

DatBoi Registered

I've installed rFactor 2 recently coming from other sim racing games. Started about 20 races so far and every single time the AI rear ends me and makes me spin out. AI aggression is to 0 so I'm not sure what to do at this point. I don't brake too early to cause the crashes, the AI just seems to ignore my car. On other sim racing games I never had this issue.

Is there any other way to reduce AI aggression?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
    PirroC likes this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

did you have rF2 previously installed? If so try re-naming the userdata folder. One of the files that will be re-written with a fresh clean copy is the player.json file. This often has cured 'some' AI issues.
    Also, there has been some work on the AI recently that may have introduced this ramming behavior. Keep an eye out for future fixes.

3. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Which content? Tests should be done with official content.

The AI in rFactor 2 tries to overtake similarly to what humans would do. In other games they simply make a train and you just have to pass them by their side.

If you let space for the AI to try to overtake then close the gap in the last moment it could cause an accident. It would probably also happen in a race with humans.

4. Ricky Law

Ricky Law Registered

Perhaps AI just likes you a little too much!

5. jim123

jim123 Registered

Ai is broken in rf2 current version 1133 roll back to version 1132

6. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

The same setting does not work for all tracks, so you have to tweak the AI settings for each track you race on. There Is also a setting for AI spacing. Also, I don´t think setting the agro to 0 will be of any help, I would try lower settings.

Bare In mind that the AI Is "learning" the track as you race so the more you race, the better the AI gets along with the settings you set. I am no expert and there are people here who know more about this then I do, I am just trying to give you an Idea of how the AI "kind of" works and It´s not perfect by any means, but doable If you know what you´re doing.

7. DatBoi

DatBoi Registered

No fresh install on fresh Windows.

The race starts and I'm in the middle of the pack, I slow down for the car in front of me, I get rear ended. There is no gap to close because I'm there from the start. They just ignore my car. I've probably finished 100 races against AI in RR3 and no issue at all, rFactor I can't even get past the first few corners.

:D

Is this in a bug tracker of some sort? I already uninstalled and got a refund, I'm busy and only play when I can.