AI issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by TheLeadWolf, Sep 16, 2016.

1. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

This probably has been reported, at least I've seen people discussing those issues on forums, but I'd really like to help rF2 get better, and want to bring this to devs attention. Believe it or not, those are the only bugs I am facing in rF2 as someone playing after ~150 offline hours.

* During Safety Car phase, quite often AI slows down to stop. I believe this is caused by AI waiting for someone who should be in front of them to exit the pits.

* Sometimes, AI won't start from standing grid, or start very slowly. I noticed this is more likely to happen with low AI strength (close to 70%). This issue even caused me to map "Restart Race" button. When start doesn't happen, I just restart, and it usually helps.

* There's one more not entirely rF2 issue, but more plugin caused. Weather Server sets weather using API, I believe during race start. So if it is raining in real world, AI starts with slicks, and enters pits after first lap. It would be nice if a hack in code swaps AI tires to Wet, if rain starts within 5 seconds of start? :) It is dirty, but it will do the job.

Both issues are happening on all tracks/mods, so I would dare to assume this is general issue with the way AI is programmed. I did not hit that problem in earlier ISI based titles, so hopefully there are some hacks that can be applied to AI logic to avoid those situations.

Thanks for rF2, it's awesome! :)

2. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Particularly in this case I think it is as designed and can happen in real life (see the last F1 Singapore GP - Verstappen started exactly as you described).

3. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

Well, what I meant "all of them" do not start, which seems like a bug to me, but yes, if 2 cars have problems, they might block the whole grid.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

If "all of them" don't start it's a problem with the track (AIW) not the AI themselves.