AI HDV fuel values confusion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RoboCAT10, Mar 20, 2016.

1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Okay so I know I've made threads like this before but today I am confused why my method isn't working on this particular track - RaceRfactor_Spa_2013.

Many times I edit my AI drivers fuel values in the HDV file. I go in game, load the track, and in the setup page I can see how much fuel is needed for so many laps. For instance, if I want a driver to make his pit stop on lap 16 I I can check how much fuel is needed - in this case 143l. I then add this into the AI drivers HDV file:

FuelRange=(143, 1.0, 1)
    FuelSetting=143
    NumPitstopsRange=(0, 1, 4)
    NumPitstopsSetting=2

I then re-load the track to make sure it is correct. It is: https://gyazo.com/b33fff3680012132d97e64cb09320fef

I do this every race for each AI driver and it always works fine. However when I have tried it on RaceRfactor_Spa_2013 I see the AI do not stop for fuel as it says in their setup page as above. For this driver he stopped on lap 30 instead of 16. Some drivers stopped earlier then they should have, others later, and some not at all. I have made sure fuel is on normal, in fact I haven't touched anything else since I first started doing this. This makes me confused that this method has been working fine but until now it doesn't for some reason. It's easy to say use another track, but as apart of my AI series we need to race at Spa. Does anyone know of a solution or some advice? Could it be a track fault, and if so are there any other friendly AI Spa tracks to download?

Thanks,

2. stonec

stonec Registered

When I put FISI starting fuel 220 L in Spa garage menu it says fuel for 24 laps, so obviously the fuel estimate is totally wrongly configured in this track. Spa race in F1 lasts 44 laps. This is the problem with ripped-off 3rd party tracks that have little effort put into them. You should post these questions in mod forum section as they are not rF2 bugs.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2016
  3. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Thanks for the reply. I just downloaded another Spa track and you are right, the fuel levels are out of whack. So I calculated the correct fuel values on the other track and added them in and they now work. :)