AI fails to get out pit if first reference node is the start node of pit extension path

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by svictor, Jul 22, 2023.

1. svictor

svictor Registered

This issue only happened since the last update.

The track here is dundrod. If the first reference path node that AI targets at is the start node of pit extension path, then AI will stop after a meter while trying to driving out of pit, as below:
    upload_2023-7-22_20-13-40.png
    (I have also tested with different AI parking angle, GarageDepth, which did not help this issue. The start node of pit extension path is also correctly set with cap end of path segment.)

However, if I move vehicle a few distance to the right so that AI targets second or later path nodes, then AI has no issue getting out of pit:
    upload_2023-7-22_20-14-44.png

2. redapg

redapg Registered

Maybe it also works, when you start the Pitpath Extension more on the left, on the Gras.
    That you can keep the original Garage.

3. svictor

svictor Registered

Thanks, that workaround will be the last resort. I hope this issue will be fixed, since there are quite some tracks have extension started around garage spots, and there could be other related issues.

4. redapg

redapg Registered

Yes, it seems as if there are some more things "broken".
    Yesterday, after the Game Update, i've got a Video, where you can see the AI, that wanted to pit, didn't slow down and because the PitEntry is after a left Corner with a Wall outside, they crashed into that Wall.
    And that worked properly before the Game Update.

Garitt Gibsn and jim123 like this.
  5. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

Do you have a link to example content? Thanks

Last edited: Jul 24, 2023
  6. svictor

svictor Registered

7. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

I noticed this issue at S397 Portland Full-coarse. The first Ai car occupies the garage to the right of the player car. The Ai car will pull out and turn a little distance then stop. After a delay they will then reset back to the garage, never retrying for the rest of the session. It doesn't seem to affect all cars as the 992 Cup worked when I tried but my CART 98 update car didn't. I presumed it was an issue with the CART 98 files until I saw your post. Maybe cars with tighter turning circles are more likely to work or maybe its the car size that matters. Either way it shouldn't happen as there is plenty of room for them to turn.

svictor and DJCruicky like this.
  8. svictor

svictor Registered

Just a reminder that this AI bug is still not fixed.

Recently I had to add workaround to both Targa florio and Isle of man pit extension paths in order to have AI exiting paddock correctly, which is by adjusting the last two segement waypoint nodes position further away from garage spots so that AI won't target the last two bugged way point node (as mentioned in earlier posts).

To better illustrate how this bug happens and currently workaround to fix the issue:
    [​IMG]

How this workaround AI fix looks like in latest Isle of man update:
    [​IMG]

As you can see above, this workaround requires to move at least "two" end nodes away from AI's garage spot to avoid AI targeting to those two nodes when moving out garage which would otherwise cause AI to stuck in place. However the downside of the workaround is that not every track has enough space to "extend" this AI path nodes. In this case, isle of man paddock was already running out of space, which I had to add extended nodes side way by 90 degrees follow the wall.

And there are more old tracks that affected by this AI bug.

Hope this AI bug can be fixed so we don't have to use dirty workarounds.

Thank you very much.

Attached Files: