Ai Driver Swap is slow

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by daniel123, Jun 8, 2023.

1. daniel123

daniel123 Registered

Hello guys,

i would like to drive offline endurance races and i found out that the ai from the player car is slower then the rest of the ai cars if i make a driver swap with the ai.
    After a bit of research i found out that the ai cars have a seperate ai physics and the player car uses the player physics even if i toggle the ai control.

I think this is a pretty big problem because it makes the toggle ai function completly useless for racing. Is it possible to change this so the ai switches to ai physics if i toggle the ai on my car or a other fix that makes the ai controlled player car as fast as the other ai cars?

Steps to reproduce:
    - Go to any track with multiple ai cars and choose the same car as the ai and set ai strength to 110.
    - Drive the car and toggle ai control
    - let the cars drive 3 or more rounds
    - ai driven player car is several seconds slower than the other ai cars.

Thanks for help!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The AI never uses player physics. It might be related to the AI profiles vs what gets used when it's your car (ie your AI driver is weaker than all the other AI drivers), but someone more familiar with single player can hopefully help with that.

daniel123 likes this.
  3. daniel123

daniel123 Registered

Okay than the info i found in my research is false. Thanks for the reply! Do you know if it is possible to change the behavior of the ai for my car in a config file or something similar?

4. daniel123

daniel123 Registered

Okay after a bit of testing i found out that the ai of the player car is not scaling linear with the ai strength. If i set the ai strength to 60 the player car driven by the ai is way faster than the other ai cars. If i set the strength to 110 which i usually do for racing then the player driven ai car is several seconds slower than the rest of the ai cars. At 100 ai strength the player driven ai car is exact as fast as the other ai cars.

I don't think that this is normal. I would say it is either a bug or the ai for the player car has a false configuration but i don't know if or where i can configure the ai for the player.

5. redapg

redapg Registered

@daniel123 I fear, that only a Dev, that is familiar with the Games Code, can give an useful Answer to the Question which Physics exactly get used, when you let the AI drive your Car.
    And i could also imagine, that, if you use a modified Setup, that is not applied to the AI too, may have an Influence.
    But it's only speculative.

daniel123 likes this.
  6. daniel123

daniel123 Registered

I tested it with the standard and modfied setups and both have the same problem