AI disapearing and then re-appearing

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by jjaycee, Jan 12, 2012.

1. jjaycee

jjaycee Registered

AI disapearing and then re-appearing in front of me.......like the cars in front of me pop out and then pop back in view. Really off putting because you dont know how near you are and then you crash into them. Only started recently to happen. Anyone else see this........any ideas?

2. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

I just had that myself for the first time and the only thing I'd changed was setting my graphics card to Adaptive Multi-sample in stead of normal Multi-sample. Changing it back seemed to fix the problem.

My card ATI 5850

3. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

How many cars are you displaying at once (in display settings)

4. RKRIV82

RKRIV82 Registered

Had the same issue was running about 10 visible AI. But what i noticed was that the game would show 2-3 cars in the front and about 5 cars in the rear view mirror. It seemed that when i reaced a certain split between the cars ahead is when the 3rd car in the front would show up. It was driving me up a wall because you would be in a turn and two cars would be next to me and then all of a sudden a car would appear in my line. I just set the number of visible AI to the number of AI i was racing against.

5. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

Yes, if you don't have the the number of vehicles match that of vehicles shown it obviously makes some cars invisible, although I've had it happen even though those were set correctly.
    It also happens a lot in rF1, where cars would vanish at certain places on the track for no reason, some mods were worse than others and some it never happened.

The problem seems to be when you do have more AI than visible is that cars in front vanish rather easily when it would be better to remove them from the mirror.
    I'd rather have just two or three in the mirror and keep those if front visible where possible.