AI "Damage" doesn't reset

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Brendan24, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Brendan24

Brendan24 Registered

This has been going on for quite a while, but I wasn't able to find any other threads addressing the issue.

I've noticed the damage texture overlay thing doesn't reset on AI cars between sessions, or on race restarts. Any damage they incur in practice transfers to qualifying and any damage from qualifying transfers to the race. This commonly leads to a race start grid full of cars that look like they all drove through barbed wire fences at various angles.

I mean for some low budget race series that might be realistic but a GT3 team is going to repair their car before the race. Also if I restart the race, the cars should at least be returned to their race start state.

Side note, but I think the whole damage texture thing doesn't look right anyways. If I lightly bump a car from behind I shouldn't have crumple marks all the way up to the windshield, and the entire rear end of the car ahead. It honestly takes away immersion if anything. If we're going to have that system in place it should be much more precisely directed to where the contact actually occurred.

dylbie, datasting and Lazza like this.
  2. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Ive seen this to