AI cheat at Silverstone GP

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by nosslrac, Jul 27, 2014.

1. nosslrac

nosslrac Registered

Windows 8, build 798, Silverstone GP 1.14, URD EGT 1.8. Dont think system specs are relevant, but they're good enough to let me run 100+ cars on Nordschleife...

Just ran some races against AI on Silverstone GP. It was mostly rainy conditions and there were 39 AI cars.
    In practice, I noticed while rolling out of my pitbox, that some AI cars came flying (driving fast) through the pits. I thought they just cheated by not using the rev limiter when exiting the pits and as the conditions were shifting alot I didnt think about checking their laptimes.
    In the race however, I noticed that some cars (not all!) drove straight into the pits, but they didnt slow down or stop. They just used the pits as a shortcut!
    So, I guess this is a bug? :)

All sessions were run with full flag rules.. but no one got penalised.

2. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

confirmed

3. Quartza

Quartza Registered

If you watch the AI cars that speed down pit lane, you will see that they have come in before that moment. First time through the pits they will go slow will not be able to find a spot. They will then do another outlap and do what you have described over and over. Its a very annoying pit bug that has been around too long and makes Silvertone GP useless to me.

4. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Also confirmed. They use DRS as well at Silverstone and Indy. Together with them crashing into each other and bottlenecking the pits on exit, it is my opinion that these flaws should be addressed with a weighted priority. Silverstone was supposed to be the candy to show off ISI talents. I am very supprised it was not fixed up when the current bump version was released.