AI Capabilities

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nortski, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Nortski

Nortski Registered

Hi all.
    Is the AI in this game insanely fast or am I just insanely slow?
    I'm 2 seconds down on a 50 second lap! I'm watched onboard footage of the AI drivers and they same to have immense grip. I have the AI strength at 120% by the way.

2. Emery

Emery Registered

Gotta ask, why do you think you should be able to beat the AI at 120%? Try 100% first. AI strength also depends on cars & tracks.

3. Nortski

Nortski Registered

I'm not really trying to beat them, just trying to push myself and I have no one to compare myself to. I take your point though, I'll dial it back down to 100% :)

Matt Beavis likes this.
  4. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

I'm one second off pace against 100% GT2 Corvettes AIs in NOLA so I probably drive like &*#@

5. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I usually leave AI strength at 95%, but perhaps I'm just really slow.

6. Zeh Drei Peo

Zeh Drei Peo Registered

It really depends on your car/track combination. In Matsusaka i look like a piece of water compared to the AI @ 97% with Enduracers GT3 Cars..

7. Emery

Emery Registered

Or feel like a hero on Sao Paulo.

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  8. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

São Paulo's AIW have plenty of room to improvement, AI cars are 1 second slower than should in T2 due Pinheirinho excessive braking and bad line. Same problem in Reiza Interlagos once the ISI Interlagos is a translation from that. 120% strength won't correct the bad line (also is very easy to overtake there due the AI bad line, which is almost impossible in real life I can assure).

9. peterchen

peterchen Registered

As far as I know the automated track learning IS enabled as default. Should be:
    "AI Power Calibration":7,
    "Auto Line Smoothing":7,
    "Autocalibrate AI Mode":2,

When AI have made enough laps, they indeed save a .wis file with informations about the corrected lines.
    When same AI car loads up at a different session, it loads this file. (Don´t know exactly if all that works as it earlyer did with actual build though. May have changed (again))
    There is also a deeper way of AI learning mode, if you set "Autocalibrate AI Mode":1,
    and set fuel usage and tyre wear to off, you can let produce the AI another file with much better information, which can be copyed to other cars of same class.
    All in all I´m surprised that you find the AI weak although you let do them train and qualify!
    I would recommend this settings:
    AI agression: 20-40 depends on car. OW´s tend to work better with lower values.
    AILimiter: 30-40
    AIstrengh: well, maybe you just hadn´t a good combo yet? You seem to do much with mods.
    Mods are inconsistent as hell! MOST mod tracks suffer from bad AI due to problems with the aiw-line, or other errors.
    Maybe you should try USF2000 at NOLA or Toban.
    All that said I hope that S397 is improving AI further and uses all it´s capabilities that are already there!

10. Emery

Emery Registered

I think you're leaving out the part where AI use full throttle & brake rather than squeezing and they turn in a rather digital fashion rather than ease into corners, so it's not entirely up to AI vs. Player lines.