AI acting weird (B660)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Navigator, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hi guys,

I don't know if it's a bug or something wrong with my system, but in B660, the AI are acting pretty weird.

I took the 60's F2 out for a spin at Monaco; the one I always test when a new guid comes out. (BTW; runs fine now, no more stuttering like in 590 AND about 8 fps more! Happy camper here!)

But when I saw another car, I was running in to him like crazy....... we went through a corner together and accelerated the same; he stayed next to me.
    All of the sudden; he dropped off.
    I took a look at the AI driving and noticed.....well, see for yourselves please. For some reason, the video is sometimes upside down when I upload, but please bare with me :)

[video]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13313246/IMG_2964.MOV[/video]

If not working, dropbox might not have finished uploading ;)

Any others noticing this?
    Could I have set something wrong?
    What should I look for?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  2. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Hi Nav,
    I viewed your video (yes it's upside down). I see the AI car slow oddly before the hairpin and also see it takes too much speed a round a corner and hit the guard rail. Is that what you are trying to show?
    I loaded up the F2's and same track and watched 10 AI in qually then race. Mine were driving fine, not like on your video. The only time they slowed up was if they drive too much on the pavement before the tunnel. I'm not using any AI learning options.

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hi DJ,

Damn, upside down again! :(

Yes, the strange slowing down and the throttle/brake switching very quickly (could you see that in the frame?)
    He revs up on the straight, but than, way to soon, he starts doing that again. This holds on the whole lap.

I might have changed the learning options; good one, I look into that.

Thanks mate!

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Got it; indeed the learning was at "1" (thought that was default?) and set to "0" it runs okay now.

Strange, I didn't have the problem with other mods but hey; it's fixed now!

Thanks again DJ!

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

what do you mean by "learning" as there's no such thing in the PLR :confused:

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

The AI learning line I mean.

7. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Good you got sorted.

Code:
    Autocalibrate AI Mode="0" // When in a test day with 1 AI, AI will attempt to perfect his driving line, and save his knowledge for future use
    AI Calibrate Sample Size="5" // When AI calibration is set to 2, this is the number of trials the AI should run while testing each parameter.  bigger # == larger file size of saved data

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

If you mean autocalibrate that only works in Test Day with one AI car and it has no effect during qualifying or race.