After new Update: Strange graphics coming out of cars

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Arismonty Beato, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Arismonty Beato

Arismonty Beato Registered

Hello,

After rFactor2 auto-updated from Steam, it started complaining of insufficient memory (At first it said the minimum was 128MB, now it wants 512MB) and all cars started displaying strange artifacts coming out of them, that seem to depend on camera angles or orientation.

I followed these recommendations, but nothing changes:

1. Deleted everything inside the .../UserData/Log folder.
    2. Updated my video drivers (Intel HD Graphics Family inside a Dell Latitude E7240 i7-4600U)
    3. Used recommended settings for Low End GPU in the December-21 release post.
    4. Lowered settings even more.
    5. For all of the above, I tested with several tracks and several cars.

Attached screenshot of a Radical in Mantorp carrying some geometrical planes with it.

Does anyone has an idea of what might be hapening?

Thanks,
    Arismonty Beato

Attached Files:

2. x2611

x2611 Registered

Same issue here with the artifacts. Seems like it's connected to head/tail lights. Also, latest Dx11 version has extreme performance hit bug. We get full 60 fps but it feels like driving through molasses or pressing the brakes. On Longford the clean straights are almost OK, but anywhere there is a trackside object, it goes into slow motion. Yes, the CPU monitor is full purple, but it shouldn't be! Two identical W764 PCs but the specs have nothing to do with it. Every other game in the world runs fine. Pretty bad letdown as rF2 was a Christmas present for two people. Sorry if there is a thread for this already, haven't found it yet. Thx

UPDATE:
    Just reverted to Dx9 version and it works beautifully. CPU purple at 60%, all the way around. Glowing artifacts around cars are gone too.
    So it's definitely Dx11 issue. Please DO NOT delete Dx9 until this is fixed. Thx.

...and keep us informed...

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017