After 6 Hours....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fastfezzer, Apr 24, 2012.

1. fastfezzer

fastfezzer Registered

....of sim racing last night i'm really beginning to rate rF2 above all other titles i've played.

I spent 2 hours on GTR2 with a range of vehicles, more of a nostalgia trip than anything, then switched to rF2 into the early hours.

FFB - Stunning. So much feel and information. I knew exactly what the car was doing and therefore I knew instantly the adjustments that were required. Good feeling when losing grip and great feedback when really pushing on around Snetterton.

AI - The best I have experienced so far in a race sim. There isn't a race sim I haven't bought/tried and the offline races in the Megane around Snetterton made me smile from ear to ear. No race was the same. No car park at the first corner. All AI cars raced intelligently and I found that they would make moves that were simply stunning to watch. I was on the back straight heading towards the bridge, guy glued to my rear bumper, I came back across from the inside to mid-track to take the left hander and he chucked it down the inside. It didn't pay off and he took to the grass, spun in front of me as I took evasive action. One word, AWESOME.

Graphics - I'm maxed out with video settings and i'm fairly impressed. Obviously there will be improvements with future builds so i'm really looking forward to ISI's progress. Yes pCARS looks good but at present, it's a glorified Shift to play, not my cup of tea in it's current build.

UI - I actually found it easier to navigate than GTR2. Some people don't like it but I think it's simple to use. A few things overlap in the race settings and are not required in my opinion, but i'm sure things will be tidied up in the future.

So far i'm very impressed. Keep up the great work ISI. :)

(My comparisons aren't directly related to GTR2 either, it just emphasised the great work that ISI are producing).

2. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Pretty much my thoughts

3. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

4. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

Waiting for the DX11 crowd to chime in here....haha. I find RF2s graphics to be just fine myself. And surely they will be much better once the game is fully released.

5. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I wish rF2 looked more like iRacing, but I'm not going to complain about what we've been given.

Youtube

[​IMG]

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yep the AI are great, still a few niggles to iron out and IMO a different approach is needed for the future but for now they are definitely good enough.

I'm also loving this Sim, can't touch rf1 anymore though :(

7. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy Registered

+1 pretty much how I feel about rF2 and its only gonna get better :)

8. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

The last turn at Spa the AI are kamikaze divebombers. :D

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

hehe yeah thats one area, once my new GPU arrives in a week or two I plan on really testing the AI to its limits and writing a proper Review of sorts.