adding a graphic to a vmod

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Denstjiro, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Hi

This must be a realy stupid question because in my extensive search for the awnser i have not seen any chatter related to this.

simple thing should be simple: created a vmod put it on the server, all is working, but if people download/install it themselfes on the server i want them to see a custom picture related to our server/league

Which would be the same graphic when selecting the mod in single player i presume which looks like this:
    Untitled-1.jpg
    (this is not my mod btw, with my mod the picture changed to a default isi one)

How do i create such a pic?
    and how do i add it to the vmod when creating it?

Thx!

2. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

You will find the files needed to replace in the your mod name_RFM.mas file. You can use the "UI icon selection PSD templates.zip" in the Modding Downloads thread to create a new one. Took me a while to find it, but I finally broke down and reskimmed the old packaging tutorial.

Scott

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Excellent, this will get me moving again, thx Scott :)

4. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

You're welcome. I had to take a break in the action and thought it would benefit me as well. I have a bigger problem plaguing me at the moment, so the break was much needed.

Scott

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

surely this needs to be done from the Vmod creation in the first place though, is there anyway to do that?
    i.e. go through the vmod creating process and before creating you select an Icon for you vmod, somthing like that, or am I missing that somewhere?

6. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

I think you have that correct. I had been using the same RFM.mas file for my mod since it's beginning. It was such a long time ago, I had forgotten how to go about it (may be old age setting in for me).

Scott