Add more AI in some tracks

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by dadaboomda, Jan 17, 2018.

1. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Hello,

I want to increase the number of cars possible for certain circuits (to add more AI).

I opened the files with the notepad for each Norchleife .MAS. I did not find :

Is it elsewhere? Or did I miss something?

PS: It is to play offline and add more AI than expected by the circuit.

Thank you.

EDIT :

In one of the .MAS files, I found the file "Nordschleife_2016.AIW" :

"
    [Features]
    pitlanes=1
    startinggrid=104
    pitspots=52
    garagespots=3
    auxspots=8
    acceptabledriverlinenoise=0.500000
    StartingStretch=20.000000
    definepath=FASTEST
    pathtime=533.9734
    definepath=LEFT
    pathtime=999999.8750
    definepath=RIGHT
    pathtime=999999.8750
    definepath=TEST
    pathtime=542.9434
    definepath=BLOCK
    pathtime=560.9529
    definepath=NEWFAST
    pathtime=535.7757"

In the game, the number of AI is max 44, not 103 !!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  2. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

These numbers control nothing, roll the AIW down and you'll see a list of the existent garage and pit spots of track in reference. That limits the number of allowed AI.

3. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I will see this. Hope that add these elements isn't difficult for me.

After I have to update the .mas, and make another package with all the .mas and made the rfcpm like for a car ?

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

It is not very difficult but not straightforward either. You will have to copy/paste garage (per team) and grid spots (per car). Make sure you understand the structure. The problem is usually defining the new spots in the garage since the space is limited. You will need XYZ coordinates plus the orientation vector. It can de done with AIW editor but I cannot help there since I don't use it.

In some cases, for whatever reason adding new places didn't work for me. The game would crash straight after loading r track.

5. Bernd

Bernd Registered

In the NORDSCHLEIFE_2016.AIW File are 18 pits listed, with 3 garages for each, so you should be able to use at least 54 cars.
    If the game allows only 44 cars, there must be something else that restricts it.
    And as @SPASKIS has said, you have to use the AIW editor in the devmode, to add more pits and garages properly.

6. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Problem is to find the correct coordinates of the new garages and pit spots. Baring this data, it is a matter of typing correctly.

7. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

guys ... I have asked for help for a problem that I thought to have on both circuits on which I wanted to increase the number AI (great circuits: nords laser + Targa Florio) ..... but in fact it on, I can put 103 have. so my request was unnecessary and made you lose your time .... j'etais really sure that at least on the nordschliefe j'etais limited has 44 have.

8. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Sorry, but your english is hard to understand.
    Fact is, when i select the nordschleife 2016 and use, for example, the FISI, i can add 103 AI in the session settings menu, even if it makes no sense, because there are only 54 garages available, as said.
    The counter don't stops at 44.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Certain tracks for GTR2, which was based on rF1, would limit the number of AI cars that could be loaded. The counter, a sliding bar, would turn red once the allowable number of cars were passed. I don't know if that option is available in rF2.

10. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

It is not a non sense in the Nurburgring, it is like this in real life (for example the "ADAC Zurich 24h-Rennen").

11. Bernd

Bernd Registered

OK. To make it more understandable for you:
    It is senseless, because, as 2 times said, this track has only 54 properly defined garages.
    Contact the guy that has converted the track, to tell him, that in real life more cars participate in the 24h race.

12. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

The fact that there are only 54 garages means that it can only have 54 different cars (team, type, or category), if I understand correctly?

Because it is possible to put 103 AI on the track, I could test yesterday (in the track, I was 104e).

I only use about 50 different cars (basically ISI / S397) :

So I guess, assuming I would race with 103 AI, I could theoretically have that variety of 50 cars in the AI (if I understand correctly): that's what I'm looking for.

Nevertheless despite the extreme software optimization of my PC (really extreme), I can not play correctly with more than 65 AI whose categories of cars are totally different on the Nordschliefe or 85 AI from a single car.

To play with good conditions, I will play with 55-60 AI with different categories.

13. Bernd

Bernd Registered

55-60 AI should not be a Problem on the nordschleife 2016 track.
    rFactor 2 generates additional garages automatically if there are not enough defined in the AIW file.
    But you could get problems if there is not enough space for additional and automatically generated garages.
    The esiest way to find it out, is to simply load the amount of cars that you want to use and see what happens. :)
    I personally would only use the number of cars that is the same as there are defined garages, to avoid problems.

14. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Hello,

When I create a dedicated server (* LAN *), especially on the norschliefe, I am limited to 44 AI.

Nevertheless :

Thanks to a command line I made in the launcher (something like <Max multiplayer = 104, I do not remember exactly because I did it 15 days ago), the number of possible players in my dedicated server actually went to 103 + me.

I specify that I intend to play with AI, because playing LAN greatly increases the performance when using a lot of AI.

When I create the dedicated server LAN, the maximum number of AI is 44, against 103 possible players in all + me.

Unable to increase the AI in game via a majority vote (or I am the only one to vote :)), a message tells me that it is not possible.

15. Bernd

Bernd Registered

It's the rfm file that restricts the number of usable ai cars.
    If you create the rfmod package, after you have selected the track and car but before you click the 'package' button in the last window, go the folder
    C:\Users\your windows username\AppData\Roaming\~MASTEMP
    and open the rfm file, that is called 'default.rfm', if you didn't change the name in the first window, with a texteditor and change the line 'Max Opponents = 44' into 'Max Opponents = 103'.
    Then save the file and now click the button 'package'.
    With that rfmod file you should be able to use 103 ai cars.

16. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Very clear answer. Thank you very much.

I will test this quickly.

Other and, I reassure you guys, last problem :

When I want to put the vast majority of cars ISI / S397 in the rfmod, associated with Nordschleife (circuit very suitable for many cars very different), all mods can not to be selected (90% max) : is there a limit?@Christopher Elliott

In addition sometimes some rfmod do not install, while the 'packaging' has been done correctly ("package with no errors").
    EDIT : "failling to verify"

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  17. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

It works !!!

103 AI enduracers on the "Nordschleife 2016", NO LAGS with i5 2500K and 60 FPS stable with gtx 780 !!

LAN with 103 AI
    mostly cloudy, no rain, road dry, time scale off, realroad = X3
    full hd, AA level 5 (max), full details circuit, full texture details, anisotropic ×16, opponent low, cockpit high, visible car 10.
    Nvidia driver : Pre rendered max 1, texture high quality (vs the standard = quality).
    ALL OTHER SETTINGS = off or low if I can't disable
    OC : i5 2500k +15%, gtx 780 +24%, ultra turbo cpu and gpu fans levels
    Windows really ultra optimized, PC totally devoted to RF2 (as a real game console), process lasso + parking process lasso activated

18. nurogize

nurogize Registered

Does anyone have a tutorial on how I would go about re-creating 32 or so unique AI pit spots? I only want 2 cars at the most to share the same pitbox; thus be able to run 64 grid. I use to play GTR2 & rFactor 1, so I'm familar with the main logic of the AIW files. Do I have to pay money for software to have an interface demonstrated in this video:

19. lagg

lagg Registered

No. This is The developer Mode and it's included in the game.
    You can access it from the left menu of the Launcher.

nurogize likes this.