Actual cars and Drivers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Morgisto, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Morgisto

Morgisto Registered

Does anyone know whether the cars and names will represent the original drivers.Not that i'm a real boffin but going as far back as GPL i really liked being able to drive the Eagle or the Lotus or especially the Ferrari.And also if you ouks can remember the GPL cars were so differant to one another.

I remember always taking the EAGLE cause it was almost as fast as the LOTUS but much easier to drive.Maybe the finer detail will come at a later stage.

Was just wondering

Morgisto

2. JWRPayne

JWRPayne Registered

I would be inclined to say no, simply due to the licensing/copyright issues that ISI would face. Even then, you may remember that not all of the teams in GPL had their official names until they were modded by the likes of the GPLEA etc... I'm sure there is nothing stopping yourself or a mod team from going through and renaming the drivers and teams to suit.

Likewise, I do not think it will be long before we get a full blown 1967 Formula One season mod. ISI is clearly targeting the hearts of the GPL crowd.

3. Morgisto

Morgisto Registered

Yep will never forget the original cd was only 97 meg or so and still has very fond memories of my younger dayz :D

4. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

According to Tim ISI has already licensed a lot of historical content (along with newer ones) and he's working on more all the time.