activation period

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scottishHERO, May 7, 2013.

1. arraamis

arraamis Registered

Thanks for complicating my thought process :confused:

Please clarify my example: I purchased the following: Dec 16, 2012 17:45:52 PST -- rFactor2_Beta - $43.99 USD - Includes 1 year free online services & Online service renewal $12 per year.

When exactly does my 1 year free online services begin, or has it begun?

My understanding was that while rf2 was beta, my "1 year" of online services wouldn't begin -- Is this correct?

When is\was rfactor2 considered consumer ready?

The last question presents some complications with the agreed upon terms since clearly, I purchased rFactor2 while in a Beta state. Shouldn't there have been some type of announcement when the product is\was consumer ready, i.e. GOLD or as GOLD as it can be???

Thanks in advance ......

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

When you tell me where that was said as a solid date, I'll happily answer. But as a hint, it wasn't.

3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Tim, could you please replay to my post (#11 in this thread), and tell "soon or not soon" (or when/if at all) about features I listed?

4. 88mphTim

To answer your bold text, again:

With that date of purchase, I THINK yours begins in June. People who purchased from January (to present) had no such mention of anything more than the regular period, they get 1 year from their purchase.

rF2 isn't beta, nowhere does it say so now, nowhere do we say so now. It begins in June.

When consumers think so. It's been on sale since January 2012. It's an ongoing development right now, and will be ready when a consumer decides it has the features he wants. That could be anytime between January 2012 and 5+ years from now.

We've said this quite a few times, and had an announcement posted for a while. :)

5. 88mphTim

- Work on with each build, so soon to not soon for various things.
    - UI is moddable, but UI change could happen, low priority
    - Not likely it will be how you want it. It doesn't work as a percentage, it wouldn't be realistic if it did. Different tires yes that'll be done, but not absolutely top of list right now.
    - rF1 is a different product, and doesn't have the physics handling capabilities of rF2. Flying cars is nothing to do with cillision model, its to do with physics handling, which is dealt with every build.
    - I don't know.
    - Yes, over time this kind of thing will be brought in. Very complex.
    - What configurations are you looking for on a pace car?
    - What is doubted?

rF2 uses build numbers. 1.0 can't exist... If you mean Gold, see my response above. :)

Thanks for reminding me I missed.

6. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Thank you.

Pace car, basically I want it out only on big crashes and back in settable N laps and with V km/h speed while moving on track. In rF1 there was configuration for PaceCar sensibility in .rfm files (which I guess carried on to rF2, didn`t check yet). But we never used it on road courses because it stayed for more laps then it should and drove very slowly, or was out for small-medium crashes when we didn`t want it.

About physics doubts. For example, I read from some users on this forum that tire pressure is not affecting profile of tire. Such details. Last year you said in response to Clio turning over often, that some tire (sidewall?) resistance is not connected yet, but now Clio still tends to turn over, does that mean that tire sidewall resistance is not connected yet? Basic question would be: what physics features that was in rF1, are not connected/simulated yet in rF2 completely, and when they will be? Because now when we feel something strange while driving, we start to speculate.

7. 88mphTim

Ah ok, got it. More rules for flags and SC are possible. As for speed, we do have options there. The SLS should help.

The Clio will always turn over when you make it, but the grip should be different now to how it was... If you did a back to back comparison I think you would see a difference in what you could do. You shouldn't feel much strange with ordinary driving, some extreme situations, yes, there are still some things to pkugin, but most of that is visuals only, not physics calculations... This type of thing is always ongoing though, you'll see tweaks every build for the lifetime of the product, most likely, and added interactions between things. I personally think we're already ahead in this area to anything else out there...

8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Ok, lets hope all simulation aspects will be more complete rather sooner, than later. And when features are added, they will be documented. Like current change logs, but I always want more detailed info, to know things for certain.

9. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

misleading information everywhere. sad... bye rFactor 2

10. 88mphTim

Can you let me know where? Then I can correct it. Or is it information from outside our community? Thanks.

11. scottishHERO

scottishHERO Registered

i dont understand i thought this was sitll in beta??? only reason i say that is because all the modders was supposed to be holding off until you released the final -out of beta stage- Build .. and that is what ive been waiting on

12. 88mphTim

Which was their decision, and your decision to wait, not ours... In reality modders have been releasing both cars and tracks while we were in beta, and more recently. Those who were waiting, just made themselves wait... :)

13. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I put a post in the technical section but I will ask it here too now that its about a similar thing, i have no probs with RF2, never have never will, as a matter of fact I think its so far ahead of RF1 in all aspects that I cant forsee using anything else, but what I would like to know is how can I find what license I bought?, I bought the beta when it was 1st released but I cant remember if it was the lifetime version or not, I,m not complaining, I just want to know if I need to upgrade to the lifetime version, I dont mind paying 12 bucks yearly, but a lifetime version would probably be better convenience wise, also, if I only got the cheaper version, will I be notified when I need to pay the 12 bucks, via email etc.
    Thanks for great game, cant wait for the BTCC car and the Camaro and the Lola that is in the picture of all the cars posted ages ago.

14. 88mphTim

You got the lifetime, if you are using the same email for your purchase as you are using in the forum. You should have got an email with your purchase info. Also, if you visit your own profile on the forum, you can sync your purchase with the forum, and you will see an rF2 icon under your username in posts. A slightly dark border = lifetime, no dark border = standard.

My posts carry a lifetime image, while Titan doesn't, for example.

15. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Thanks Tim, after you said about the email, I found I had actually saved lol.
    So all good thanks, not sure what password I used originally so doesnt matter about the icon for now lol, I,ll eventually remember it but you answered my question so thanks again.