account help

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by bazzalaar22, May 16, 2020.

1. bazzalaar22

bazzalaar22 Registered

Hi all. Hopefully someone can shed some light on my problem, I've searched the forums and googled but to no avail.
    My housemate has just bought a decent new sim system, I'd like to use it. I've seen how I can change names so I'm not racing under my housemates name, but I'd quite like to use my own rFactor 2 account on the same pc?

So is it possible to sign in/out of rF2? or is there away to have 2 separate accounts share one PC? (my housemates and one for me)

2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Doesn't it work, when you login into steam with your steam user account, on his machine?

bazzalaar22 likes this.
  3. Goanna

Goanna Registered

My son and I shared a computer for a while and to avoid conflicts we installed steam in the default location(on C: drive) and for me we set it up that my games installed to a different drive, so one steam install and two different game install folders, worked fine for us.

bazzalaar22 likes this.
  4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

That is a much better option, to avoid conflicts with individual settings.

bazzalaar22 likes this.
  5. bazzalaar22

bazzalaar22 Registered

Hi guys, Tbh, I'm a bit out of practise with windows/sims/rfactor2 I used to do quite a lot maybe... 10years ago with the original rFactor, so it's figuring it out, 2 is quite a bit different.

Not even sure where I'd sign in to my steam account for rFactor2, but the idea of setting up two locations sounds like it'll work better.

Thanks for the replies :)