ABS assist not working

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Henkhamburger, Apr 18, 2023.

1. Henkhamburger

Henkhamburger Registered

I started playing Rfactor 2 again after a while but suddenly I do not have ABS assist. I tried a few different cars and none of them prevented me from locking up in every corner.

I tested on the LMP2 Oreca 07, the ferrari GTE and a few mod LMP1 cars.
    Im using a T300rs with T-LCM pedals.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

ABS is controlled inside the car now, the old method was replaced some time ago. I don't think GTE cars have ABS, nor the other cars you mentioned, so there is no in-car adjustable ABS. There is an ABS aid in the menus. It is located by clicking the GEAR icon at the main menu(upper right corner) Then choose either the Braking Help option or the ABS option, both in the left column. THESE ARE NOT TRUE ABS SETTINGS LIKE IN THE GT3 cars. They are similar to filters that smooth out your inputs.
    In the long run, you will do yourself a favor by learning to brake without locking up your tires. There are hardware settings that can be adjusted not only by reducing the braking pedal force in a car setup, but also adjusting the curve of the brake pedal at the calibration screen and even using the Controller software in windows to reduce or adjust how your brakes 'bite.'
    GTE 'does' have traction control which works similar to the current ABS function by controlling wheelspin under acceleration. Again there is an aid in the menus but just like ABS, learning to drive the cars with the in-car methods will produce better results getting re-aquainted with rF2.
    I'll double check which of the cars you mentioned to verify if any of those allow ABS.
    EDIT: Both the Vanwall & Cadillac DPi have a setup option for HIGH SPEED gears. I got the Van up to 330kph if I kept it floored through the chicane. So both cars could have setups crafted for the AI to use the HIGH SPEED gearbox. The gearing chart for the DPi tops out at 339kph
    Choosing the HYPERCAR variant, you get a 7 speed gear box that with the default setup will get the AI near 320kph.(remember, if you want the AI to use the Hypercar variant you have to choose that before you load the track and then click on the FORCE SETUP button.) But that is slower than most of the LMP2 Orecas for the full lap. I dropped the rear wing 1 click and reduced the 7th gear some and the AI driver was just barely able to outpace the LMP2s. The 7th gear is too tall even after clicking it back. You could probably make a small final gear change to tighten up the gear spacing and get better acceleration. Covering up the brake & radiator openings would also most likely result in a quicker climb through the gears.
    The 3rd party LMP1 cars are about 3 seconds faster though.(even though they launch fireworks out their asses when exceeding 315kph.) Somebody needs to talk to them.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2023
  3. Herve_Versabeau

Herve_Versabeau Registered

LMP1, LMP2 and GTE doe's not have ABS

davehenrie likes this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You can also verify if a car you have chosen has ABS by looking at the Car's set-up and choosing the POWERTRAIN section. If the ABS lines or Traction Control lines are greyed out and not adjustable, that car does not allow ABS and/or Traction Control.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2023
    Ricardo Diz likes this.