About to get an Obutto Ozone, 1 thing possibly stopping me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

If anybody in North America is waiting for this thing to go on sale, I got an answer from Thrustmaster about when that might happen.

"Unfortunately, we do not have an estimated date for when it will become available."

I wonder if I bought one from Europe if I could adapt it to run on 120V 60hz?

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

What's wrong with the non-Ferrari wheel version?

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I understand the Ferrari version doesn't seem to be available in the US, that's why I asked what's wrong with the NON-Ferrari version? The non-Ferrari version is identical besides a Ferrari badge, not to mention, the non-Ferrari version looks like it has an extra button or two.

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Couldn't agree more

5. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I just like the looks of the Ferrari wheel. The game pad layout of the RS looks kinda hoakie. But if that's all that's available I guess I could live with it.

Strange experience trying to find a wheel. I had thought that when my current wheel gave out I'd break the bank and get a Club Sport V2. But they can only be bought by "invitation". So I thought OK, it was more money than I should spend anyway so I'll just get the Ferrari GTE. But it's not available in the US. Then I thought I'd just replace my current Fanatec CSR and use it for a while until I get an invitation to buy the V2. At that point I'd have saved enough to make that purchase and I could sell the fairly new CSR. So I go top the Fanatec website and find out that the CSR is out of stock! Sheesh!

How can these companies survive without manufacturing enough units to meet demand?

So we're certain the RS and Ferrari GTE are the same internally? I haven't dug deep to find out the exact difference.

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Identical. It's like the T500 F1 Integral or whatever (the one with the Ferrari F1 Rim). same base, just different wheel.

7. cosimo

cosimo Registered

I wouldn't say just different wheel. It makes a lot of difference. I have all three, GT, F1 and GTE.

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I agree, but the base is identical - the parts, the construction, motor, electronics, etc.