About Engine and Turbo model questions

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Goibaka, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Goibaka

Goibaka Registered

Hello!!

Since several years ago, I have been developing a rfactor spreadsheet to calculate required vehicle files such as HDV, TBC, ENGINE, PM,...from technical input datas and also a short physic analysis. It let me fast export to rF (it is like "rF2 Physic Calculator" spreadsheet style) . Nowadays, I'm implementing the new rF2 engine model with all new features in my excel spreadsheet.

Well, actually the new rF2 engine output works perfectly on rF2 but I am having problems with Turbo implementation. I have implementing turbine and compressor maps but I need calculate RPMs of turbine due to Exhaust Air Flow and thus I can see how turbo works.

rF2 devmode shows 4 parameters in its console.

Turbo RPM ----- Flow (kg/s) ------MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure ratio) ------- Dump valve

First question: Is Flow number a Corrected Flow? I think the answer is Yes

To calculate Turbine RPM:
    Turbine w(rad/s) = (2*E/I)^0.5
    being: E: Total Turbine Energy
    I: Turbine Inertia

E = dt x (TurbinePower - CompressorPower - FrictionPower)

I need know Turbo friction Power (W).therefore I must understanding input datas but I'm finding some doubts.

TurboFriction=(0.002,2.5) // torque (Nm, constant at any speed), power (W, ramps up linearly with speed)

TurboFriction (1st parameter) is torque (Nm). I can convert Torque to Power (P(w)=T(Nm)xw(rad/s), but if this torque is cte at any RPM then power ramps up linearly with speed. Well, then what mean the 2nd parameter? same but watts unit? I don't undestand this.

Thanks for your time and grateful for any help.

2. floreacalin

floreacalin Registered

how do you even add a turbo to an engine? can you help me with that?