Ability to customise lcd HUD on steering wheel

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Tom Satherley, May 3, 2018.

1. Tom Satherley

Tom Satherley Registered

There's nothing more immersion breaking in VR than huge floating hud elements on screen. It would be great if it were possible for modders to add an LCD to the wheel that could be user adjustable with a wide range of telemetry modules. Eg Lap delta, tire wear, temps, lap time and so on. Editing the hud could be a drag and drop modular approach in the RF2 main menu. Even better would be the ability to have multiple layouts saved and toggled from within the car.

2. lagg

lagg Registered

It is possible to add a lcd to the wheel with the screens of the default hud.

3. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

I'd recommend running no HUD in VR and use whatever the cars dashboard provides. Also install crew chief and use the voice commands so you can ask for temps, wear, times and whatnot, doesn't get more immersive then that.

JimmyT and Steve Olden like this.
  4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I don't use VR but I have made a couple of HUDs .
    A rF2 HUD, default or 3rd party, is basically a background picture displayed on the monitor in a fixed position. All the data displayed is also in a fixed position generally on top of the background image.
    There are provisions for rotating needles for tachs and speedo etc but that's about it.
    As I said before the HUD is in a fixed spot in relation to your monitor not parts of the car.

5. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Would it be possible to look through the different default screens on a wheel HUD as well ?

6. lagg

lagg Registered

Yes

ceecee likes this.
  7. AMillward

AMillward Registered

This. Used it in a V8 Supercar race yesterday and only made glances at the tyre life; left it on standings for 99% of the race.