A variable AI setting that works on the fly

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vonddo, Jun 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. vonddo

vonddo Registered

As hardcore rF2 enthusiasts know, the AI can be pretty inconsistent in terms of being competitive to each individual user. Because modding is such a big part of rF2, coming up with a universal system that works for all skill levels is really challenging if not impossible. I've put in too many hours of wasted sessions tinkering different AI settings (and the loading that comes with it). I think if S397 allow for a couple of values where users can adjust on the fly, similar to TC and ABS aids. This would allow users to do a practice session to see how a certain car and track combo compares to each user skill level. By the time users get to qualifying and/or race sessions, they will have a difficulty level that more closely match each user. If for some reason further tuning of the AI is needed, users can still fine tune in the race. This approach maximizes the hours where users can enjoy the on track experience, rather than constantly tweaking settings.

This is example of the values. I think these values are already implemented so it's just a matter of coding it to work on the fly and the UI for it.
    AI strength: 1-10
    AI agression: 1-10
    AI corner speed: 1-10
    AI top speed: 1-10
    AI skill range: 1-10 (value dictates if the field is more concentrated or more dispersed)

Hazi likes this.