A.R.I 1960's Fun Cup @ Snetterton300

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dany Mitchel, May 27, 2012.

1. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I always get confused with this.
    GMT is one thing and BST is another. (I wish Greenwitch was in Athens so everybody else would be confused lol)

2. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

I'm not sure if instead of adding one hour it should have been done the opposite thing. I see it two hours later than what it is supposed (22h BST vs real 20h BST)

On the other hand, some drivers are quick like hell here. I managed to do quite a nice time but this set up only seems to work when the track is fully rubbered. When the track is "green" I really struggle for traction while theese guys are still quick.

I hope on sunday they get confused with the time zones and miss the race ;)

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

u mean yourself lol

4. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

:)

It's curious that when, in other tracks, the fastest drivers seem to drive "slow and easy" in this track fastest drivers seem too agressive and late in the entry of the corners... but surprisely it works and they get a fast exit too. If I try that type of driving it just doesn't work, I lose the apex. My fastest laps come from beeing very tidy at the entry and exiting faster of the curves (quite opposite to monaco where aggresivenes helped in the slower curves)

5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

gorgias, I dont really know whats happening.
    Im trying to follow sir Jackies advice, clean lines and smooth transitions and u guys dissapear.
    So, trying to find what I do wrong, I watched in your (and the other fast guys) cockpit and u where all ALL OVER THE PLACE.
    But still, u were MUCH faster. (so much for Jackies advice lol)

It seems I should go back to backgammon...

1 person likes this.
  6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

thinking hard about this, it seems u guys are near the limit so looking at you, I see all these fast corrections u do with the wheel, sliding and correcting all the time, which is at the edge of loosing and regaining control.
    It reminds me of the first rally stage I saw at close (3 or 5 meters away) distance. It was Lancias 037 against Audi turbos (so far ago).
    I couldnt believe how many incredibly fast corrections they did with their wheel in just one turn and if u watched them from a distance it all seemed smooth and one wheel movement only, the same that I see when I follow u on track.

(I REALLY should go back to backgammon lol)

7. vittorio

vittorio Registered

A bit OT first: i had a hard time today introducing ~10 friends to rfactor2. we/they come from GT5 and the resist after some trying to move to rf2 was big, till the important question arised: do we want to progress to the best simulation available (hard work) or should we stay with an unreal "realistic arcade racer" (fun, but without progress and with low reference to reality). im glad my friends are that great and the answer was clear after some discussion -> rf2.

Nikos, i think the setup of the car is very important for snetterton (unfortunately strategie is less important :). I tried fergies setup -> alot grip, very good breaks, overall very fast. But i cant handle it (not stable when breaking). I dont know how fergie can constantly do good laps with it. I think here comes my lesser experience with simracers to play -> i have alot to practice, and I am simply slower with my safe setups.

And your one of the few with authentic shifting (ive seen that when looking at the "after-race"-xml files), you probably lose some time without autoclutch? (I will go with authentic shifting too when fantatec releases their new CS-shifters.)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Nikos, yesterday you saw me really fighting the wheel. I have three different setups I've made, the three of them make similar times but behave very differently. I was trying to see which one behave better and was really fighting them over the limit to see which one should be better for race (fast but at the same time controlable).
    The fastest one (by half a second) is the one I feel less comfortable; seems quite understeery, need to brake a little earlier than the other setups but on the other hand times get faster.
    The second one is more neutral, a bit oversteery on the exits.
    The third one is oversteery but very controlable, difficult to lose the control of the car and can make you brake quite late. On the other hand I need to be very concentrated if I want times to be fast and constant.
    I'm still thinking which one to use on sunday.

Talking about how to drive these F3 cars. I think that with the actual tyre model, where temperatures never raise up to their ideal degrees and in these sprint races where you don't have to care about tyre saving, the car goes faster with a setup that let's you drive it as if it was a go-kart, being aggresive and fighting the wheel. The car seems to brake much better if you get some locking up, that doesn't penalize tyre wear/temp and car behaviour as it would do in real life (or that's what i feel).
    Also these f3 cars like climbing the red and white part of the corners (don't know its name in english) as the shocks absorve them very nicely. I find that lowering to the max and removing packers won't make the car's bottom hit the floor, so you'll get a lower center of gravity.

I don't know how much the use of the clutch will penalise the lap times, I always use it, as heel and toe when shifting down. Of course this means I have to setup my gears ratios according to this clutch situation. I think autoclutch can help for a more optimal gear ratios as it always does heel and toe perfectly and only loses 200ms in gear change.

sorry for the speech :eek:.

9. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Sorry I Cant help that much with set ups I have tried a lot of them and I cant find an even balance

Ok so I have set the server to race settings and added 5 AI to rubber in the track a little
    Also Martain Cooper Is an Admin as well on the server.
    The Server is Passworded
    sr4l
    I would take this time to get a try with your race set up I will be in the server most of the day on and off I hope to see you all Track side if not Ill see you all tonight for the Drive in the Country

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

See u tonight all :)
    Thats a warning!!!

11. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

Hi there guys!

I've registered on your site and all went well.. I've done a clean b85 install when it came out and only installed F3.5 and FISI. So all looks well for installing all the content flawless(ly). I think I can do it ok, just need to download everything again, no big problem though..

Only one question, do I have to do anything else then just registering on the website? like for instance sign up for this particular race or something?

12. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Dany or Brian are more appropriate for an answer, but if you use the pass above I think you will be more than welcome:)

13. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

@GTrFreak please check your Spam folder or inbox for your activation email
    It will contain information on how to sign up to a race just follow the instruction and welcome aboard

Ok this is to all Drivers you must use the Car that you signed up on the league site with

If you have said on the league site that you will be driving the Spark F3 71 then you must pick that car for the race if you drive a different car the league software will not track your stats as they do not match make sure you drive the cars you have said you are going to drive

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2012
  14. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

15. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Whats up DJCruicky

16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Great race today too!!!
    Thanx admins and people who came :)
    looking forward for next one, which could be latter if all agree and wish, I dont mind.

17. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

I would like to thank all drivers that attended I have uploaded all results and they can be found over on the league site under results/race

Some really good racing tonight guys Kudos

18. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Im happy it's my first victory in a race. :cool:

After making unforgivable mistakes in race one and two that costed me a lot of positions I was able to get a good start in race 3 and keep it to the end.

What happened to everybody in the start of race 3? :confused:

19. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Very close racing guys :). 3 different winners.
    Thanks to Dany for hosting again.

David

20. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Do we have any news for the next race?