A.I. and FPS

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by rogue22, May 25, 2014.

1. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

For the past year I've kept the AI at 20 and get decent performance all around. Lately I can't set the AI passed 2 cars without a FPS stutter issue. I've tested the indy cars, GT, the Lola, and F1 60s cars so far and get the same result.

In the pits it bounces from 1 to 4FPS, if I can manage to get out on track it will stop stuttering and return to normal at certain sections of the tracks. Then bang, back down to 5FPS and be inconsistant from there.

Where there big chances in the AI to cause a big performance hit like this?

I even tried lowering every single setting to its lowest, I even dropped the resolution down to 1024x768, same results except when when its normal I get over 100FPS, then stutters back down to 1 to 5 in the pitbox, even when not in the car. So as the track loads I can hardly click on anything.

Never had this issue before with the the AI. I've always used exactly 20, now I'm lucky if I can get 2 cars loaded.

Edit:
    Same problem online, making it completely unplayable there as well.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2014
  2. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Seems the only way to fix this is to drop the visablie cars setting down really low, only this causes pop ups.

3. floreacalin

floreacalin Registered

i kinda had the same problem on rfactor 1, sometimes the game just does not want to run well, i get max 20 fps, but otherwise over 130 fps, maybe more, so frustrating.

Happened firts time this year a few months ago, then after 1 month, then after another month, then after 2 week, again 3 weeks, no matter what i did, didnt get it to work good.

Reinstall windows, all the available drivers for the video car ever made :)), nothing worked,and suddenly i tried again, and worked perfect. Super random and weird, Tried euro truck simulator 2 aswell, that one is affected too.

When rfactor works ETS works too, and viceversa.

Wait a few days, if it does not fix by itself, come back , and maybe someone can help

4. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Yeah I've given up on it for now. Really was interested in the Indy car, but the sim has become completely unplayable now. My Online subscription expires next month so I'm putting her on the shelf.

5. floreacalin

floreacalin Registered

I had the same. Problem at first, about a year ago, i bought it, and was not playable, max 20 fps all low. But after the driver update from amd, works awesome. Try updating the drivers for the video card. Something clearly happened to the pc, cause rf2 works better than ever now. I don't have any other ideas. Sorry bud

www.floreacalin.com