A few Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joedeath332, Jan 1, 2013.

1. joedeath332

joedeath332 Registered

Ok so i went ahead and purchased the lifetime verison of rFactor2 and have a few questions :)

Does rFactor2 have any build in voice coms so drivers can talk to each other during races ? or is that only possible when you are in a racing club , and racing on a private server and using the "clubs" own ventrilo or teamspeak that they have leased.

Some cars have no working wing mirrors for me ( e.g they are just black ) i take it this is nothing i am doing wrong and still needs to be implemented or is it a case of these cars are modded cars and not official cars - so is up to the modder to update the mod to get the mirrors fixed.

Does rFactor2 look as good as say iracing with 3 screens ( as currently just have 2 screens set up on pc as lack of desk space - with my 3rd screen in the roof space atm )

2. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

Hi and welcome :)

There is no built in voice chat and unless I am mistaken it isn't something that is planned.

There is a thread about fixing the mirrors in the 60's open wheel cars. A search should bring it up.

rF2 does support triscreen setup, but Multiview (you can select if you want to use it or not) has the side panel images at 45 degrees. There has been request for more options on this.

3. joedeath332

joedeath332 Registered

Thanks for the fast reply Butch , will look and see if i can see that thread :)

btw whats the most popular series when it comes to rFactor2 ,, would you say the 60's open wheelers ?

and also i am sure i have downloaded most racks,, but yet i can only select monte carlo and belgium to race on why would that be.

4. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

In single player you need to select All tracks and all cars option on the top of the Series selection screen.
    In multi player you need to create or get (usually downloads from the server with the get mod button) a vmod.

5. joedeath332

joedeath332 Registered

Ahh thanks now i can see so many more courses for me to drive on :)

Ref the 60's open cars ,,, with the Eve f1 how come if i have a spin,, or small crash which results in the engine stopping is it so dam hard to get the engine going again,, or even impossible to get going again,, meaning you have to restart at the pits
    it seems to go through the startup cycle but as soon as it goes to build up oil pressure just dies.

6. vali

vali Registered

Do you have an engaged gear withoud using the clutch when you try to start the engine?

7. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

You could just enable the aid 'Auto Clutch' with the F11 key. Welcome to rFactor2.

8. TBolt

TBolt Registered

Make sure you have the starter & ignition mapped to something. On my Logitech G25, they just happened to be pre-configured on 2 of my buttons. Until I noticed that, I was re-starting at the pits, too.

9. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

[​IMG]

10. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Welcome and congrats to the purchase. You will not regret it.
    It might be a little difficult to get it all setup at first, all the vmods and whatnot, but once you know how it works it's pretty simple.
    I still don't know exactly what vmods are but as long as it works it's all good for me.

You will have a good time racing online! No doubt!

Racefreak1976